You are a driven and motivated problem solver ready to pursue meaningful work. You strive to make an impact every day & not only at work, but in your personal life and community too. If that sounds like you, then you've landed in the right place.
The Hartford is seeking an experienced Senior Cloud Operations Engineer to join the Cloud Transformation & Enablement team. This role will influence and champion technical decisions to enable The Hartford's technology transformation.
This is a technical position that requires 5+ years of industry experience. You should be passionate for engineering simple solutions to complex problems. You will be focused on improving the developer experience around consuming cloud services. You will be aligned and accountable for
helping our business lines to execute on their cloud transformation strategy.Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Subject Matter Expertise:
- Identifies, drives and assists in the implementation of services to standardize cloud environment.
- Designs reusable architectures and services that can be leveraged by agile teams to improve development velocity.
- Knows how applications should be engineered by following fault tolerate best practices, separation of duties, observability, and being operator friendly.
- Delivers the tooling and capabilities needed to enable cloud compliance, metrics/reporting and cost management roadmap/strategy
- Translates business requirements into design and operationalization of cloud native solutions, adhering to the principles, patterns and guardrails established by the architecture practices of the enterprise.
- Brings a thorough understanding of DevSecOps, Agile methodologies with proficiencies in building immutable infrastructure through enterprise grade cloud deployments and operations through programmable infrastructure as a code (IaC - Terraform and cloud formation)
- Be seen as a trusted cloud expert for your aligned business unit(s)
- Act as subject matter expert in advising new, revised and different cloud services or resources.
- Advises on systems scalability and development opportunities that can be utilized or adapted to meet business area objectives.
- Relentlessly research and present forward opportunities to enhance operational and engineering excellence within the team and to partners
- Provide senior level expertise on decisions and priorities regarding the enterprises overall cloud operation strategy, consumption and optimization opportunities
- Proven skills in commutating complex issues to cross domain stakeholders
- Influence and champion technical decisions to enable The Hartford's technology transformation.
- Work closely with the Chief Information Office, Enterprise Data Office and IoT teams to design simple solutions that deliver business outcomes.
- Provide mentorship of junior level staff
- Strong Technical Knowledge (Cloud Platforms)
- Ability to communicate at all levels within an organization and influence leadership
- Proven ability to work with cross-functional teams and translate requirements between business, project management and technical projects or programs
- Leader and a team player with transformation mindset.
- Ability to operate successfully in a lean, agile, and fast-paced organization
- 5+ years of software development experience and best practices
- 3+ years of developing and operating production workloads in AWS cloud infrastructure
- Focus on action, shipping mindset and iterative deployment practices
- Proven experience with software development life cycle (SDLC) and knowledge of agile/iterative methodologies and toolsets
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Certifications/Licenses (as applicable)
- Experience with large-scale application and business process cloud re-imaging
- Exposure to AWS cross-account code promotion best practices
- Experience with AWS security best practice and posture management - IAM, policies and maintain regulatory requirements with third-party tools.
Cloud certifications required (must achieve within 90 days of hire)
Must be authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
Remote candidates welcome
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression/Religion/Age
Mgr Architecture - IA07DE