Tyler Technologies is growing and we are currently seeking a Senior Cloud Network Engineer to join our hosting engineering team. The Senior Network Engineer’s primary duties include design and implementation as well as installation, maintenance and support of the network and cloud infrastructures as required to meet the needs of the Tyler’s network. The Senior Network Engineer serves as a Tier 3 point of contact for supporting both cloud and datacenter networks, designing requirements and implementing new solutions.
The Network Engineer installs, maintains and supports the networkinfrastructurerequired to meet the needs of the Tyler’s employees and customers. This position works withinternal staff and serves as a point of contact for supporting clients’ SaaS network interface requirements.
- Act as Tier 3 support and primary point of contact for troubleshooting and problem resolution of network connectivity and configuration issues
- Determine design and assess budgeting needs for future hardware and equipment purchases as well as cloud-based deployments
- Monitor network performance and take steps to ensure efficiency and up-time requirements are met in order to maintain strict client SLAs for application delivery / high availability
- Manage vendor relationships
- Maintain records necessary for audit compliance, including but not limited to PCI, SSAE, SOX, CJIS, FedRAMP
- Responsible for documentation of education of team members and business partners
- Promote best practices for implementation and maintenance of all networks
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, MIS or equivalent experience
- IT certifications such as CCNA/CCNP, AWS CSA-P, MS ASA, and/or CISSP desired
- Typically requires 5-8+ years of practical experiencesupport in Networking, TCP/IP setup and configuration, Cisco Routers/Switches, and VPN appliances
- Proficiency with Cisco IOS/NX-OS, F5 and other network hardware
- Holistic understanding of network components and systems integration
- Familiarity with cloud environments, design, limitations, and optimizations. AWS preferred.
- Strong understanding of security practices in the cloud
- Solid understanding of cloud-based network orchestration and automation tools
- Prior experience with multiple cloud-based deployments of networkinfrastructure including automation of deployments
- Experience with cloud based cross account communication including direct connect and VPC peering
- Strong understanding of IT/networksecurity practices
- Experience with network design and topography
- Proficient routing/switching expertise: BGP, ISIS, OSPF, VLAN, STP, Trunking, Port-Channeling, etc.
- Deep experience with network design/implementation/support across multiple platforms including evaluating hardware and software networking requirements
- Thorough knowledge of networksecurity including intrusion detection and prevention at all levels of the network
- Excellent customer service, organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to deliver clear and concise runbooks, network diagrams and other types of documentation
- Ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks in a fast-paced, technical environment
Requisition Number: 10-19-048-1