The Cloud Infrastructure Engineer will be responsible for administration and maintenance of the Qualys applications world-wide and will be working closely with Development/Engineering, DBA, Networking, Support teams and Worldwide Customers to provide 24x7 Support for Qualys production applications
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Build and manage software patches and upgrades for production environment
- Provide data and root cause analysis for each service impacting incident with all possible corrective actions for improvement.
- Work with multiple teams in analyzing each service outage, measure, maintain and present the service quality metrics to management.
- Responsible to maintain 24/7 service to customers and reduce MTTR in case of service interruption.
- If required work with customers to identify and resolve customer issues related to Qualys products and services.
- Participate in product design discussions and make appropriate recommendations.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- 8+ years of experience in cloud infrastructure management including production support
- BS or Engineering in Computer science or electronics or related IT focused.
- Extensive knowledge of Unix/Linux systems including hardware, software and applications.
- Extensive Knowledge of VMware and other virtualization products.
- Extensive Knowledge in one or more public (AWS,GCP,Azure) cloud platforms
- Hands on experience with Puppet, cloud formation,Terraform
- Hands on experience with infrastructure automation tools like Fabric, Cobbler, Packer
- Expertise in different types of DNS, NTP configurations and troubleshooting.
- Experience with Storage will be an added advantage.
- Advanced level knowledge of network hardware and network protocols.
- Provide hands-on technical leadership in design and support of Unix servers
- Should have good knowledge of information security principles and practices, understanding of security protocols and standards.
- Working experience in SaaS is highly desirable.
- Perl and/or shell scripting considered a plus
- Applicant should have a valid passport.
- Must be able to work in a cross cultural environment.
- Must have exceptional verbal, written, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Must be able to work on 24/7 on-call schedule.
- Must be able to work constructively in team environment.