ETRADE is looking for a skilled leader with experience in Cloud Computing, Infrastructure as a Service (IAAS), Virtualization, Automation, and Big Data Infrastructure Technologies This position will be focused on building E*TRADE’s cloud computing infrastructure and automation capabilities. The ideal candidate will have a combination of hands-on experience with datacenter virtualization technology, public cloud experience, and the ability to lead highly technical teams to achieve strategic programs.
- Lead organizational effort around cloud automation and deployment strategy
- Lead teams and matrix organization of highly technical resources to execute on strategic plan.
- Assess stakeholder requirements and build technical product capabilities to effectively meet stakeholder needs.
ECHNICAL SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- 10+ years of experience in technology industry
- 5+ years of experience in the design and implementation of complex IT solutions (including scalable cloud-based solutions and microservices architectures)
- 5+ years of experience in infrastructure, database and networking architecture for highly available, Internet-scale applications
- 3+ years working with/exposure to software development tools and methodologies
- Professional experience architecting large scale solutions on AWS
- AWS Solution Architect Certificates; Associates, Developer, Professional
- Hands on experience with VMWare virtualization software including VMWare SDDC
- Hands-on experience building solutions on Amazon Web Services
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL NEED TO DEMONSTRATE:
- Deep technical skill in infrastructure, software architecture and cloud computing
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about solutions to business, product, and technical challenges.
- Awareness of technology trends and how they impact the way businesses consume IT
- Proven ability to think strategically and define a roadmap, as well as technical ability to execute and lead others to achieve strategic goals
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort speaking with CTOs, Enterprise Architects, IT Management, and developers
- Ability to lead large technology change initiatives within an Enterprise