Teradata empowers companies to achieve high-impact business outcomes through analytics. With a powerful combination of Industry expertise and leading hybrid cloud technologies for data warehousing and big data analytics, Teradata unleashes the potential of great companies. Partnering with top companies around the world, Teradata helps improve customer experience, mitigate risk, drive product innovation, achieve operational excellence, transform finance, and optimize assets. Teradata is recognized by media and industry analysts as a future-focused company for its technological excellence, sustainability, ethics, and business value.
The Teradata culture isn’t just about one kind of person. So many individuals make up who we are, making us that much more unique. It’s what sets apart the dynamic, diverse and collaborative environment that is Teradata. But even as individuals, there’s one thing that we all share —our united goal of making Teradata and our people the best we can be.
Senior Cloud Full Stack Engineer
Teradata, the world's leading Data Analytics Company is looking for a software engineer who is passionate about building cloud services to join our Teradata Cloud team. This is a unique opportunity to join our team in a period of fast growth and expansion. If you are interested in working in a startup environment where you can directly influence the future of cloud based analytics solutions and services, then the Teradata Cloud is the place for you. You will actively define and implement state of the art technical solutions, including capabilities to support elastic scalability, on-demand self-service, disaster recovery, and usage based consumption, to enable customers to solve their most complex data analytics challenges.
Teradata Cloud seeks a Full Stack Software Engineer to build and operate highly scalable, fault tolerant, elastic, and secure services in a distributed system of hardware with varying reliability guarantees. As a full stack developer you will have the opportunity to build low friction APIs, highly responsive web UIs, intuitive CLIs and the backend to support them.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field or equivalent experience
- At least 5 years of hands-on software development experience.
- Strong computer science fundamentals in data structures, algorithm design, and complexity analysis
- Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English.
- Experience designing, building, and operating distributed complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers.
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project.
- Experience building REST based web services.
- Familiarity with modern web frameworks and tools such as Angular, React, Backbone, Sass, Webpack, Polymer, Closure, Backbone, etc.
- Ability to build an end-to-end user experience as part of a service oriented product
- A passion for cloud technology, API design, and responsive UX
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy.
- Experience mentoring junior software engineers to improve their skills, and make them more effective, product software engineers.
- Experience influencing software engineering best practices within your team.
- Familiarity with dev-ops software development methods.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
- Experience with Teradata technologies.
- Knowledge of relational database engines.
- Experience with Cloud services like AWS.
- Experience with Docker container related technologies like Kubernetes, Mesos, etc
- Experience with supporting mission critical, 24x7 systems.
- Experience with automated deployments and source code / configuration management tools - GitHub, AWS CloudFormation, Jenkins, Chef, Ansible, Puppet, Vagrant, Terraform, etc.
*Our total compensation approach includes a competitive base salary, 401(k), strong work/family programs, and medical, dental and disability coverage.