Senior Cloud Engineer
Our client is a leading global financial institution providing brokerage and investment banking services, including asset and equities management.
They are currently looking for a Senior Cloud Engineer to join their team in New York or Chicago, IL.
You will be taking on responsibilities in the infrastructure team, overseeing external and on-premise cloud environments. You will provide expertise on networks, storage, platform setup, and virtualization procedures.
· Strong grasp of all cloud computing principles (infrastructure, storage, data, platforms), with experienceworking with large-scale (10k+ instance) environments
· An expert grasp of AWS is required, with strong skills in other cloud offerings (Google Cloud, Azure, etc.)
· 5+ years’ hands-on experienceworking with hybrid cloud solutions
· A thorough understanding of infrastructure automation, continuous integration/deployment, networking, storage and cloud-based delivery models
· Strong understanding of infrastructure and network design
· Experienceworking withnetworking and web standards (DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP, HTTP)
· Strong understanding of security mechanisms, firewalls, application delivery mechanisms, and proxies
· Good coding skills (ideally in Python or Go)
· Strong grasp of build tools and CI/CD principles
· Grasp of Chef and Ansible