Do you never want to log into the AWS console because it’s easier to leverage the CLI? Are you excited with the possibility of taking your cloud and automation knowledge and using it to directly contribute to reducing the time it takes to deliver solutions to customers? Do you love infrastructure and want the challenge of managing a hybrid-cloud?
Edifecs is seeking a Senior Cloud Engineer who wants to help with the evolution to a SaaS service model while delivering the same great service to our customers. You will work with engineering teams to execute on converting existing products to SaaS services pushing the boundaries of scalable, self-healing, autonomous SaaS built on Kubernetes, Docker, Prometheus, and Grafana.
What you will do:
Consult / Design
- Leverage your knowledge of the available cloud services and deployment practices to help drive the implementation of secure, highly available, performant solutions for our customers
- Coach Dev partners on Infrastructure as code best practices
Build / Run
- Help in the selection and implementation of a new tool chain for CI/CD and drive the deployment of our applications and infrastructure
- Leverage Infrastructure as Code to build and manage core cloud infrastructure components
- Review the code of peers and partners to ensure secure and supportable solutions
- Innovate solutions to apply public cloud practices to our on-prem services
- Leverage your experience to help mentor teammates that have less experience with cloud and automation.
- Support and recommend practices to secures business applications and computing environments across public, private or hybrid cloud infrastructures.
- Implement cloud security standards, threat modeling methodologies, secure code practices, and processes in tandem with security and software engineers
What you will bring:
- 3-5 Years’ experience working with AWS or Azure/GCP with AWS Solutions Architect Certification
- Fluency in one or more of the following (PowerShell, Python, Java, Rust, or Go)
- In-depth, hands-on experience with Linux, Windows, networking, server, and cloud architectures.
- Recent experience working with CI/CD tooling
- Proficient in the use of CloudFormation / Terraform to deploy and manager cloud solutions
- Experience with Containers and orchestration services like Kubernetes, Docker etc.
- Deep understanding of fundamental network technologies like DNS, CDN, WAF, VPC, VPNs, Load Balancers, Proxies
- Cloud security and best practices knowledge
- Experience with Agile and DevOps methodologies
- Experience working in the healthcare industry preferred, but not required
- Ability to evaluate risk, business impact, cost and difficulty to remediate
- Must be self-directed, organized and have excellent time management skills
- Must be able to provide formal reports and presentations as required.
- Effective communicator, relationship builder, and advocate for sound system security, engineering, and operations practices