We are looking for a Senior Cloud Network Engineer to join our Data Center Operations Team. The Senior Cloud Network Engineer is responsible for supporting the Q2 cloud, colocation and managed services networking operations. The successful candidate will need to demonstrate senior level expertise in the area of network routing, switching, firewall, and load balancing technologies as they apply to a service provider network. Must also have the ability to work closely with customer and translate complex technical issues into common language. This candidate must also have the ability to train and mentor other team members and act as a high-level escalation point for projects and trouble issues.
- Provide high level technical expertise to support the Q2 Network Operations team in all activities.
- Provide technical assistance, training and mentoring to junior level engineers/technicians
- Provides quality internal and external customer service surrounding the Company values
- Plan, install, and provide daily operational support for managed customer networking environments (switching/routing infrastructure, firewalls, load balancers, IPS/IDS, AWS cloud, etc.)
- Suggests future products as well as offer enhancements for existing products
- As a member of the network operations team participate in an on-call support rotation to ensure 24x7x365 coverage for critical core and customer infrastructure
- Responsible for writing and reviewing change request as a part of the Q2 change management process
- Provides operational support of the Q2 core network infrastructure as well as offer recommendations for improving overall network performance
- Other duties as assigned
- Customer service focused and portrays energy, professionalism and welcoming characteristics
- Strong ability to work in a highly sensitive and confidential environment
- Ability to meet deadlines and handle sensitive and pressured situations
- Ability to identify issues and help develop strategy and tactical plans for various department initiatives
- Ability to use good judgment and decision-making skills
- Adequate professional experience and knowledge to perform job responsibilities
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritize and organize effectively
- Ability to work both independently and with others
- A sense of humor
- 8 -10 years of hands on network/security experience working in IT operations.
- Experience using ticketing system for incident, problem and change management.
- 8+ years of design/support of F5 load balancer implementations
- Expert level understanding of core networking technologies including BGP and EIGRP
- Cisco routing and switching infrastructure (IOS / IOS-XE / NXOS/ ACI)
- Cisco firewall infrastructure (ASA, FXOS, FTD)
- 8+ years of production support and design of the above technologies.
- 8+ years of experience with network security technologies and best practices.
- Expert level network troubleshooting skills utilizing packet capture/analysis packages such as Wireshark, etc.
- Expertise in AWS/AZURE or other cloud providing technology