- Design, manage, and maintain cloud services and components to enable safe enterprise-wide use of public cloud offerings.
- Design, implement, and re-factor pipeline and infrastructure code.
- Participate in design discussions focused on scalability and design and implementation best practices.
- Work with other lead engineers and architects on breaking-down, scoping, and estimating tasks.
- Participate in planning and retrospective sessions, attend stand-ups, etc.
- Be able to build and operate the highly available and scalable software and infrastructure.
- Provide mentorship, peer review, and code review.
- Lead a product/service and define functions or features for cloud platforms.
- Provide level 3 production support.
- Proven experience in cloud development (Google GCP and/or Microsoft Azure).
- Strong development and infrastructure experience, delivery history and breadth of language experience (Java, Python, Ruby, .NET, other)
- Knowledge and understanding of Cloud Native Platforms and container and micro-services technologies (PCF, Kubernetes, GKE); domain expertise in cloud platform features and capabilities.
- Experience working with relational databases (Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, PostgreSQL).
- Understanding of CI/CD.
- Full understanding of software development life.
- Extensive experience in Agile/Product/Architecture.
- Ability to solve ambiguous and typically novel problems that require the effort of several engineers and organizational alignment; experience in delivering scalable, enterprise-level software system solutions.
- Full stack experience in product development.
- Experience in technical leadership of medium to large sized technical teams in delivering production solutions.
- Strong communication skills, both written and spoken; of specific importance the strong communication to a technical audience.
- Knowledge of software design patterns, and security considerations.
- Attention to details, high standards for quality.
- Desire to learn, grow yourself and your team.
- Passion for driving teams towards high performance and a deep pride in quality craftsmanship that delights users.
- Writing and maintaining related documentation.
- Agile/Product/ Architecture •Ability to be an effective influencer on technology direction / an effective evangelist.
- Helps recruit + groom technology leaders and future leaders.
Bachelor (equivalent or higher) degree in computer science or engineering/mathematics discipline