Citizens Technology is for curious and motivated leaders and engineers looking to build foundational systems that affect millions of customers. Seldom in your career do you have the opportunity to design something so impactful from the ground up. We're seeking a passionate software leader that can help build a platform supporting reusable capabilities and frameworks across the bank.
Your role as Principal Cloud Platform Engineeris to work with architecture and engineering teams to produce high-quality technology solutions. You will have the autonomy to lead, craft and develop innovative solutions to some of the most ambitious technical issues. As Principal, you will serve as a peer-leader tasked with pursuing greenfield innovative initiatives and solutions. The breadth of Citizens operations ensures a diversity of projects as the bank pivots towards innovation and customer experience.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Leading in a customer-centric Agile environment rapidly transforming with the feel of a financial technology (FinTech) start-up helping drive digital and cloud-enabled platforms.
- Collaborating with your team mates and contributing insights to solution design, ensuring success of the product and alignment to enterprise architecture principles.
- Passion for crafting, modifying, developing and implementing software solutions. Building modern, architecturally sound components, tools and applications to meet strategic business goals.
- Infusing quality of service characteristics, such as scalability, manageability and maintainability, into distributed service-based framework to build or expand business or technical capabilities.
- Evaluate, correct and prevent vulnerabilities during the software development process.
- Serving as a mentor, encouraging a culture of innovation and accountability while adhering to Agile methodologies.
- Required Skills/Experience:
- 5+ years of hands-on, progressive full-stack software development experience developing and supporting commercial software products which were sold to non-technical customers in vertical markets
- Demonstrated ability to lead and mentor software engineers
- Experience in querying, analyzing and handling big data
- Experience with Akamai required
- AWS/AZURE/GCP experience, including handling sensitive assets
- Experience with CICD pipeline (CircleCI, Jenkins, or equivalent.)
- Strong communication (both oral and written) and social skills around teamwork, enduring leadership, curiosity and a voracious appetite to learn.
- Cloud certifications such as AWS Solutions Architect
- Detailed understanding of data structures such as linked lists, hashmaps, graphs etc.
- Experience in the financial services industry, developing solutions for consumer banking, portfolio management, trading, compliance or wealth management
- Understanding of banking systems and consumer banking operations
- Experience with Redis, ElasticSearch and NoSQL data stores.
- Big data experience with technologies like Hadoop and Spark.
Education, Certifications and/or Other Professional Credentials:
- Bachelor's OR Master's degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or related field required
Hours and Work Schedule
Hours per Week:40
Work Schedule: M-F
Why Work for Us
At Citizens, you'll find a customer-centric culture built around helping our customers and giving back to our local communities. When you join our team, you are part of a supportive and collaborative workforce, with access to training and tools to accelerate your potential and maximize your career growth.