We believe in the power of people. We are a network strategy and technology company that is motivated by making a difference in people’s lives – their productivity, their creativity, their health and comfort. That’s why our engineers design and implement technologies that allow people to do great things.
Senior Cloud Engineer
Ciena is looking for a Cloud Infrastructure Engineer to join the IT Cloud Infrastructure team. In this role you will automate operations of our cloud infrastructure and governance processes. Your customers will be custom application teams within Ciena IT as well as various other business users who need infrastructure.
Ciena is embarking on a major leap into the cloud and you will be at the forefront of leading this shift. We have diverse workloads, so you will get to master AWS, MS Azure and Oracle clouds, Windows and Linux.
· Develop automation framework for public cloud infrastructure deployments
· Automate governance process to enable agility while maintaining security controls
· Build infrastructure and application monitoring to detect or prevent incidents
· Propose cloud-related optimizations and best practices to improve reliability, performance and cost
· Create tools to automate repetitive tasks
· Perform code reviews, evaluate implementations, and provide feedback for tool improvements
· Cross-train and mentor teammates
· Share an on-call rotation and be an escalation contact for service incidents
· Bachelor’s Degree in CS or related field, or equivalent work experience
· 3+ years of experience in large-scale cloud-based Infrastructure (AWS or Azure preferred)
· Experience in one or more of the following languages: Python, Ruby, Java, Go
· Working knowledge of build automation and CI/CD pipelines including git as the VCS
Working knowledge of REST API usage and design including micro service architecture
· Well versed in DNS, Load Balancing, SSL, TCP/IP, networking and security
· Configuration management experience on Windows and Linux - Puppet, Chef, Ansible or Terraform
· Proficient in monitoring and logging tools – ELK or Splunk
· Hands-on experience with modern container orchestration systems, ex: Kubernetes
· Clear communicator with a positive attitude
· Ability to manage long term, project/milestone based work with multiple teams
· Ability to interface with several internal partners simultaneously