Who Will Love This Job
- A problem-solver: You use your technical background and experience to solve difficult problems. You constantly look for areas of improvement and seek out solutions.
- A learner: You learn quickly and maintain a diverse workload in a fast-paced environment.
- Someone who is process-driven: You follow established processes and also looks for areas where operations could be more efficient or otherwise improved.
- Someone who is action-oriented: You enjoy working hard! You are full of energy for the things you find challenging. You are not afraid of acting quickly and you are willing to jump on problems quickly.
What You'll Do
The Cherwell Cloud Architect will be responsible for the architecture, deployment and automation of our Cloud infrastructure. The infrastructure involves a mix of physical, virtual and public cloud environments on primarily Windows and some Linux servers. The admin will build and design our private and public cloud solution with end-to-end automation. The candidate must have extensive experience with Amazon Web Services and Windows environments. The admin should have an automation first approach and drive infrastructure automation across all the deployments.
The position will be responsible for, but not limited to the following:
- Be one of the in-house AWS subject matter experts and coach teams on how to leverage AWS to create great solutions
- Work with product architects to design highly scalable and stable deployments for Cherwell applications on different environments (Hosted Datacenter, AWS, etc)
- Proto-type, build-out, deploy, automate and maintain highly available, distributed services on AWS
- Research new cloud technologies and prototype solutions that can be leveraged to decrease costs and increase performance
- Configure and Implement Monitoring solutions for all environments
- Participate in Platform maintenance and releases for production and pre-production environment
- Independently analyze, solve, and correct issues in real time, providing problem resolution end-to-end
- Create clear, concise documentation, runbooks and operational standards including infrastructure diagrams
- Provide Support for our internal and external customers world wide
What You Should Have
- Extensive hands-on working experience on AWS and automating deployments in AWS
- Experience working with one of the orchestration tools like Ansible, Puppet, Chef, etc in a windows environment
- Strong scriptingexperience in Powershell and Python
- In-depth working Knowledge of Windows Server, Web Servers (IIS, Tomcat, Apache), Load-balancing (NGINX, HAProxy)
- Database administration (SQL Server) and HA/Disaster recovery solutions
- Experience with container management platforms (Mesos, Swarm, and Kubernetes) and container runtimes
- Knowledge of system monitoring tools (Cloudwatch, Datadog, Prometeus, Zabbix, NagiOS, etc) and APM tools (New Relic, etc)
- Experience working in an agile project methodology
Nice to Have
- AWS Certified Solution Architect is a plus
- Docker is highly desirable
- You like working with intelligent and driven colleagues
- You would enjoy working for a fast-growing software company
- Bragging rights – check out our awards!
- We’re a fun, close-knit team
- We have a fast-paced, exciting work environment
- We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including health, dental, vision, and other benefits
- PTO plan to provide work-life balance
- 401(k) with employer matching program
- Commuter perks for some locations
- Paid community service day and philanthropy projects
- Our work environments vary by location; however, we believe in offering amenities and fun activities to fuel our energy. You may find fully stocked micro kitchens, standing/sitting desks, free onsite gym, basketball and volleyball courts, ping pong, videogames, shuffleboard, and darts.
- Fun group competitions, team outings, and new hire lunches with the CEO