We are seeking an enthusiastic and passionate professional for a Senior Cloud Architect position with extensive experience with AWS and Azure cloud services. This role will support short- and medium-term business and technology cloud initiatives, but also focuses on the Bank's 3- to 5-year cloud technology roadmap, facilitating innovation and adoption of next-generation technologies. We collaborate with Enterprise Architecture, other ETO teams, and business technology stakeholders, connecting subject matter experts with business, information, domain and solution architects.
Your skills are broad – Designing, documenting and implementing cloud and application patterns, participate in the review of patterns with other stakeholders, working with cloud engineering team members and stakeholders to codify best-practices and advising business technology teams on the use of cloud patterns to develop application solution designs. You will lead architecture, design, and development of end to end Cloud-based solutions with a heavy focus on application and data and a good understanding of infrastructure. You are a self-starter, driven and can handle multiple projects and priorities. You are passionate about driving the DevOps mindset and culture in a fast-paced, challenging environment where you get the opportunity to work with a spectrum of latest tools and technologies to drive forward “Infrastructure-as-Code” and “Infrastructure-as-a-Service”.
As a qualified candidate, you will be part of the team driving BMO’s Cloud implementation. As a member of this team, you should possess the ability to inspire yourself and all of our team. Based on your previous experiences you will inject new knowledge and skills into an already high performing team thus excelling our efforts to new heights.
- Drive holistic design & patterns for secure cloud application environments, Cloud platform enhancements, application architecture, data services, and cloud service integrations
- Conduct technical audits of existing architectures (Infrastructure, Performance, Developing data security as a function of design as well as Scalability and more)
- Architect and implement cloud solutions for various application architectures, and programmatic integration of cloud applications, data services, and infrastructure. Develop application data architecture models to further enable effective service-oriented delivery
- Review application solution designs for cloud-fit and optimality and automate deployment patterns for reusability.
- Assist LOBs to architect scalable, highly available application solutions that leverage Cloud services. Collaborates with other architects, operational/infrastructure and delivery teams to ensure new services align with application & infrastructure roadmaps
- Consult and provide technical guidance to LOBs to refactor their application for the cloud using the 12-factor development practices for cloud-native and microservices oriented application deployment.
- Partner with other stakeholders to drive the creation of Cloud migration & transformation strategy and infrastructure roadmaps across application, information, business and technology landscapes
- Identify and Analyze Cloud Infrastructure architecture gaps to propose new technologies. Establish pilots and POCs for proposed solutions and make recommendations for approvals.
- Document best practices and recommendations and create and maintain templates
- Drive meetings with subject matter experts from all areas of the business including infrastructure, operations, applications, vendors and leads to seek input from and plan/coordinate migrations, resources requirements and timelines.
- Engage with external vendors to review solutions, new capabilities and product, and service offerings
- You are a self-starter, driven and can handle multiple projects and priorities.
- You are passionate about driving the DevOps mindset and culture in a fast-paced, challenging environment where you get the opportunity to work with a spectrum of latest tools and technologies to drive forward Infrastructure-as-Code and Infrastructure-as-a-Service.
- You are actively looking to improve the solutions you implement, understand the efficacy of collaboration and reaching out across functional borders and are keen to work in a team of CI/CD and Infrastructure specialists.
- As a member of this team, you should possess the ability to inspire yourself and all of our team. Based on your previous experiences you will inject new knowledge and skills into an already high performing team thus excelling our efforts to new heights.
Required Core Skills:
- Deep understanding of cloud design patterns, Cloud Native Architecture and principles, cloud operations and cloud security models
- 4-5 years of demonstrated hands-on experiencing in designing and configuring secure and scalable cloud platforms patterns on AWS and Azure
- In-Depth knowledge of cloud services: Application integration, functions, Cloud Databases, data warehouse and analytics, Machine Learning, Developer Tools, Security and identity management
- Proven and demonstrable experience in architecting, designing and implementing high volume, high availability cloud applications with a very high degree of automation
- Demonstrated ability to easily deal with both abstract and concrete concepts and be able to reconcile them for the appropriate audience and context
- Proven ability to maintain both a strategic long-term outlook and enterprise perspective, while also supporting tangible, business-driven and IT-delivered solutions.
- Quickly understand organizational dynamics and management priorities, and to be able to work effectively in a fast-paced, results-driven company.
- Demonstrate strong facilitation, negotiation, interpersonal, communication and collaboration skills.
- Ability to lead an in-depth client meeting/workshop across a broad range of topics including discovery, cloud compliance, and security
- Strong programming skills with experience in API and Webhook development using Python, Node.js, Ruby, PowerShell, and Shell Scripting languages.
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering and or equivalent industry experience
- Strong interpersonal, communication and leadership Skills
- A critical thinker with strong research, analytics and problem solving skills
- Self-motivated with a positive attitude and an ability to work independently and or in a team
- Ability to communicate across business units and the ability to interface with and communicate complex technical concepts to a broad range of internal and external stakeholders
- Time management skills with the ability to manage multiple streams and lead less experienced architects