In Group Benefits, we serve more than 5 million Canadians - plan members and their dependents - through our more than 11,000 group benefit plans across the country. Our customers include employees, associations, affinity groups and creditors in virtually every industry in Canada, and we're proud to be their benefits provider.
Reporting to the Director, Pharmaceutical Benefits, the Senior Clinical Pharmacist will be an active member of the Pharmaceutical Benefits Product Development team within Group Benefits.
- Reviewing new drugs in development and coming onto the Canadian market with a view of analyzing and communicating the potential impact to the Sun Life Financial Group Benefits business prior to the market availability of the drug, working alongside the Pharmacy Benefit Manager to ensure appropriate clinical criteria are in place for drugs eligible under Sun Life Financial drug plans.
- In collaboration with colleagues in Business Development, liaise with Plan Sponsors, Consultants and Advisors at client meetings and conduct presentations to demonstrate and promote pharma capabilities, ensuring that Sun Life is viewed as a leading provider of drug benefits solutions.
- Promote Sun Life’s pharma product capabilities and recommend innovative solutions to Group Benefits Plan Sponsors and Advisors.
- Accountable for the Sun Life internal drug review process, which includes analyzing and understanding the potential impact of new drugs coming to market.
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert in the understanding of new drugs coming to market, evolving drug therapies and clinical guidelines.
- Along with the Pharmaceutical Benefit Directors, act as a liaison with pharmaceutical manufacturers, in particular, to gather insight into the drug pipeline. This includes documenting and monitoring the drug pipeline (short and long-term).
- Monitor changes in the drug/pharma landscape through other means than the submissions (ie. newsfeeds, conferences, literature, etc.).
- Monitor changes in pharmacy practice and government policy that may affect pharmaceutical group benefits.
- Support the product development team by providing insights and expertise in clinical and/or pharmacy practice perspective.
- Provide pharma related support (product questions, response to client requests) to Business Development and other internal stakeholders
- Provide expertise and remain current on practice and processes that impact pharmacy and drug reimbursement
- Degree in pharmacy or pharmaceutical science (B.Pharm., Pharm.D., or other), licensed to practice in Canada
- Experience in clinical pharmacy in a hospital setting
- Depth of knowledge in the drug pipeline process in the pharmaceutical industry
- Exposure to the complexities of drug plan benefits, formulary management and/or health technology assessments
- Strong project management skills, presentation skills and a very strong Client focus
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with an ability to translate technical details into commonplace understanding
- Demonstrates accountability and leadership
- Member of provincial or national pharmacy association
- Ability to develop a solid network in the pharmacy or pharmaceutical community
- Clinical residency experience
- Understanding of the Group Insurance market
- Bilingual (French)
- Proficiency in data analysis (Excel capabilities)