This hands-on individual contributor is responsible for product development, editing, and publishing, externally facing USP electronic drug databases and associated products. The individual will work in the new Digital & Innovation division on the Translational Informatics team, along with partners in Global Science and Standards and Global Information Services to ensure that USP delivers high quality digital content that can be integrated into hospital, pharmacy, drug wholesaler, and other Health IT implementations.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Manage content of external facing USP datasets related to drug classifications and drug information
- Ensures accurate maintenance of content through translational / ETL processes from compendial to machine-readable forms.
- Works with technical and science teams to create requirements and/or enhance tooling for drug classifications as to ensure functional adequacy, scientific accuracy, and timely publication
- Creates and documents editorial rules and SOPs as needed
- Represents USP in relevant external meetings and committees with other consortiums, standards setting bodies, government agencies, etc.
- Monitors external data sources for internal data alignment (e.g. USAN, FDA-approved drugs, RxNorm/DailyMed feeds)
- Works with manager to develop and track progress along accurate project plans defining approach, timelines, and deliverables
- Seeks and flags opportunities to enhance impact of existing data, including through integration with other internal or external data sets
Editorial and Content Manager
- MS in Health Informatics, Computer science, Data Science, or a related field
- Five (5) years of relevant experience in R&D lab, QA/QC lab, or software development in the appropriate domain
Senior Editorial and Content Manager
- PhD. Pharmacy with MS in Health Informatics, Computer science, Data Science, or a related field
- Five (5) years of relevant experience
- Experience in creation and/or maintenance of private or public electronic drug databases that are used in Clinical Decision Support Systems (CDSS), Computerized Physician Order Entry (CPOE) systems, or similar clinical implementations
- Experience in digital product quality assurance and data governance
- Proficiency in customer, professional engagement in clinical realm
- Experience in mapping/editing drug information to vocabulary standards such as RxNorm, UNII, FDA Establish Pharmacologic Classes (EPC), etc.
- Experience in data quality and governance
- Experience in using software to edit, version, publish, and evaluate quality of controlled terminologies and/or classifications
- Experience in usage of data models and classifications in the drug domain such as MED-RT, ATC Classification, USP Drug Classification, etc.
- Experience with tools such as Python, Unix, R Studio, Tableau, MySQL/Oracle, Protégé, or other tools and software as to query and analyze unstructured or structured data
- Ability to communicate end-user requirements to software developers to enhance technical platforms
- Ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong people skills and organizational skills
- Excellent communications skills, including both verbal and written
- Ability to present and impart knowledge to diverse audiences, including both technical and non-technical ones