RTI International's Applied Health Informatics Program has an opening for a Senior Clinical Informatics Researcher to lead research projects that involve complex health informatics issues and methods of implementation. The role will support RTI’s growing research portfolio in clinical informatics including clinical decision support, ecare plans and tools. This role requires both experience in a clinical environment and a deep experience in the development, implementation, and evaluation of health IT.
This position is located at our headquarters in Research Triangle Park, NC. Our regional office in Waltham, MA may also be considered.
- PhD in a medical field or MD with graduate training in biomedical informatics, public health informatics, or a related informatics domain.
- Eight or more years applied experience in the following technical, data, and research areas:
- Technical: Application design and architecture, application development, services design and development in clinical settings
- Data: Experience with the extraction and transport of clinical data using standard document formats and templates.
- Research: Previous experience designing and implementing clinical decision support tools, ecare plans, and other applications and leading multi-disciplinary teams
- Ability to work independently, serve in project leadership roles, and to mentor early- to mid-career staff to support the development and growth of a research portfolio.
- Demonstrated history of developing research-related publications, presentations, and/or active involvement in business development activities such as grant or proposal writing.
- Experience developing strategic approach to tracking and identifying research funding opportunities and establishing client-centric relationships.
- Ability to obtain proper security clearances as needed on a contract-to-contract basis.
- To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States and should not require now, or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.
- Experience working in an academic or contract research organization.
- Experience in proposal development and in obtaining project funding.
- Experience with patient reported outcomes data.
- Experience leading/facilitating multi-stakeholder/site research networks.
- Record of publications in the area of clinical informatics.