Key Responsibilities include:
- Plans, reviews and oversees implementation of activities, resources and timelines required to complete systems development projects, systems administration, and reporting.
- Oversees standardization of all new clinical content (new/old)
- Provides leadership in development, establishing ownership and maintaining work teams.
- Mentors staff to maintain a high standard of content and consistency while acting as a professional role model.
- Develops efficient workflow and processing for end users.
- Acts as IT Clinical management liaison to other IT departments as well as Corporate and Facility leadership and stakeholders.
- Communicates and provides rationale for decisions to other UHS corporate and facility staff.
- Identifies educational needs and collaborates with education team to design and implement end user education.
- Provides mechanisms for soliciting ongoing feedback from users and responds and follows-up with concerns in a timely manner.
- Keeps management well informed of activities, needs, problems.
- Plans, facilitates, and evaluates improvements to operational workflow and processes in collaboration with facility clinical leadership.
- Assures that system content and available education is linked to strategic initiatives.
- Maximizes effectiveness of applications by understanding available functionality, options and possible alternatives for software in production.
- Formulates reports, collects and analyzes data to identify trends that improve organizational performance and clinical outcomes.
- Develops and makes recommendations to modify policies and procedures impacted by information systems.
- Maintains a current knowledge of trends and issues in healthcare, clinical (nursing) practice, healthcare informatics and Joint Commission standards.
- Articulates how new technology will impact current processes and procedures for the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree with 5 years successful experience as a systems user representative or analyst.
- Experience leading projects and directing the efforts of multiple people is preferred.
- Experience should include 1 year working in a health care environment in a clinical role.
- Working knowledge of clinical system application design, development, implementation, enhancement, support methods and practices
- Working knowledge of project management methodology, change control, quality and system performance methods and metrics
- Working knowledge of clinical practices and workflows performed in a healthcare setting.
- Ability to work with end users to determine software specifications and process improvement workflows
- Ability to create system documentation, project documents, education materials, reports and presentations
- Language proficiency in English, with excellent written and verbal skills
- Strong analytical and statistical skills and interpretive abilities
- Critical thinking and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to act independently and complete projects from beginning to end with minimal supervision
- Professional demeanor with excellent communication and interpersonal skills to effectively interact with all levels of staff on clinical and information technology matters.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects
- Ability to provide clinical review for projects to ensure a high level of usability of system functionality is achieved
Travel Requirements: 5 – 25% domestic US travel (depending on projects).
This opportunity provides the following:
- Challenging and rewarding work environment
- Growth and development opportunities within UHS and its subsidiaries
- Competitive Compensation
- Excellent Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription Drug Plan
- 401k plan with company match
- Generous Paid Time Off