Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an international biopharmaceutical company focused on improving patients’ lives by identifying, developing and commercializing meaningful products that address unmet medical needs. We are continuing to expand our commercial product portfolio and our research and development pipeline in therapeutic areas that can leverage our unique expertise.
Our therapeutic areas of focus include sleep and hematology/oncology – areas in which we have a deep understanding of the patient journey and a suite of products and product candidates to address critical needs.
We are looking for the best and brightest talent to join our team. If you’re looking to be a part of a company with an unwavering commitment to improving patients’ lives and being a great place to work, we hope you’ll explore our career openings and get to know Jazz Pharmaceuticals.
The Clinical Development Manager will handle special assignments/projects in support of the Clinical Development organization that are related to Clinical Development, Clinical meetings, communication, metrics, and scientific development of the group. The Manager will also assist the TA Heads and Senior Fellow in the clinical development groups on various projects and activities. The Manager may also be responsible for providing direct tactical oversight of key projects as well as handling meetings and coordination of group projects including clinical protocols. The person in this role may serve as liaison between key internal stakeholders and external audiences, coordinating a wide range of inter-related activities of both short and long-term duration that may involve sensitive or confidential corporate issues.
Essential Job Functions:
The Manager functions as a key cross functional facilitator who supports the Head of Clinical Development and Therapeutic Area Heads (TAH), helping to facilitate their ability to accomplish meeting goals and achieve objectives. Helps to sustain momentum and ensures follow-through from members of the Clinical Development groups and other key players.
Specific responsibilities may include:
- Advise and Assist the Head of Clinical Development and TAH with preparation for meetings and presentations
- Assist the clinical development team in execution and management of clinical research programs
- Protocol Review Committee (PRC) – helping to drive meeting agenda/discussion topics, pre-meeting preparation and meeting logistics. Responsible for tracking action items and in some situations, gathering background information and any relevant history, preparing and providing meeting documents, and/or creating/maintaining any necessary files.
- Coordinating and setting agenda and priorities for Development team meetings
- Coordinating and organizing Corporate Development and Clinical Development Research Activities
- Coordinating Scientific Group meetings
- Preparing responses for basic/routine communication including new hire announcements, organizational changes, and for drafting possibly preliminary reports and/or correspondence that would be considered confidential until finalized.
- Assuming day-to-day responsibility for multiple projects and tasks
- Creating and maintaining cross-departmental relationships to enable leadership success
- Researching, benchmarking, analyzing data, and making recommendations.
- Creating systems and processes to streamline operations.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience developing, evaluating and/or managing significant programs and/or initiatives.
- Strong business acumen and experience in the life sciences industry.
- Demonstrated experience in a leadership role.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Judgment and discretion.
- Ability to successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to communicate complex information in a clear and concise manner to managers and executives.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with internal and external partners.
- Appropriate expertise in financial modeling and written presentations including Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to work effectively in cross functional teams and successfully leverage internal and external partnerships
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, ability to lead and manage multiple complex projects
- Ability to resolve a wide range of issues in creative ways
- Ability to apply strategic insights to determine best-fit methods, techniques and metrics
- Demonstration of Jazz values in previous employment
- Leadership potential
- Ability to work proactively and effectively using creative problem solving skills
Required/Preferred Education and Licenses
- Bachelor’s degree in biological sciences and/or management
- Additional education (ie Master’s degree or PhD in related field) preferred
- Drug development experience in neurosciences or hematology/oncology preferred
Description of Physical Demands
- Occasional mobility within office environment.
- Routinely sitting for extended periods of time.
- Constantly operating a computer, printer, telephone and other similar office machinery.
Description of Work Environment
- Work indoors in normal office environment with little exposure to excessive noise, dust, fumes, vibrations and temperature changes.
- Frequent computer use at workstation.
- May move from one work location to another occasionally.
- Responsibilities may require a work schedule that may include working outside of “normal” work hours, in order to meet business demands.
- Occasional public contact requiring appropriate business apparel.