MedAvante-Prophase is searching for a Senior Clinical Data Scientist Programmer to join our team. In this role, you will be responsible for building programs to create SAS datasets from the clinical database, external data sources, and other sources while following the clinical study's protocol or statistical plans. This role will also serve as a mentor to the programming team. This position will be located at our Hamilton NJ location.
- Bachelor's degree required; advanced degree preferred
- A minimum of 7 years SAS and/or ETL programming experience in a business environment required
- A minimum of 5 years of SAS Data Programming experience in clinical trials strongly recommended.
- Experience with electronic Clinical Database Systems is required and experience with electronic reporting applications preferred
- Knowledge of GCP is essential
- Must be detail oriented with a track record of problem solving and willingness to work in a dynamic environment
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills
- Position requires the ability to quality check all data deliverables
- Ability to create presentation and interpret the data to internal and external clients
- Proficient using Microsoft Excel required
- Experience using other software such as R or Power BI is a plus
- Build as well as providing guidance to other programmers, SAS datasets from clinical database.
- Develop SAS macros, templates and utilities for data cleaning and reporting, giving guidance and training to team.
- Utilize SDTM guidelines to build datasets.
- Communicate with an internal team to create deliverables for clients.
- Write SAS programs to generate tables, listings, and figures datasets, recommending more effective methods or enhancement across the department.
- Be the SAS SME in working with Clinical Data Sciences member on various clinical projects.
- Participating in identifying and creating edit checks per the data transfer plan.
- Creating and provide study specific reports, using SAS.
- Monitoring of data transfers for ongoing trials to identify study conduct and/or data quality issues.
- Provide mentorship and guidance to programming team.
- Ability to travel domestic and internationally, less than 10% of the time, including overnight stays if necessary, consistent with project needs and office location.