At Woodard & Curran, there’s nothing we love more than a tough engineering challenge. We handle a wide range of water and environmental issues—solving complex problems with creativity and tenacity. That’s how we make a difference to our clients, people, and planet. Our company was founded on a simple concept: provide a safe and enjoyable place to work with opportunity, integrity, and commitment, and we will attract talented people. Those people are at the heart of our firm, solving some of the most pressing water and environmental challenges for our clients.
The professional selected for this critical role will be skilled in identifying, incubating and growing client account relationships in our Industrial & Commercial business focused on the Food & Beverage, Mining, Pharmaceuticals, and Consumer Goods segments. They will develop and execute account targeting plans, capture plans and development plans to meet agreed upon business development and account growth goals aligned with business and strategic plan goals. He/she will develop and lead client service teams drawn from the talent in the Service Lines of the firm. The successful actions of this professional will drive growth that is critical to the Mission of the firm to provide a gratifying, safe place to work with expanding opportunities for our employees.
- Become part of a team focused on growing Woodard & Curran’s Industrial & Commercial practice
- Grow client accounts and sell the full suite of services that Woodard & Curran offers
- Provide consultation to clients and project staff
- Prepare written proposals, presentations and budget quotes
- Negotiate terms of service delivery
- Develop and lead internal teams for servicing of client accounts
- Coach and develop junior members of the account management team
- Maintain account relationships to create revenue growth
- Coordinate with Corporate Marketing to develop offerings and positioning pieces
- Attend and participate in sales meetings
- Assure that invoicing is completed for client accounts and collect overdue receivables
Successful candidates must be self-directed and manage their own time effectively. Must be willing to work hours as necessary to meet business development and project implementation goals. Position will require overnight travel as necessary.
Plan as necessary to effectively and efficiently meet position objectives.
Plan for development and maintenance of each client account.
Maintain account and company information in an organized manner.
Minimum of 20years of professional experience with an engineering consulting or design firm.
BS degree or equivalent, MSpreferred.
Professional Registration preferred.
Subject matter expert in industrial water treatment.
Experience with Design / Build preferred.
Demonstrated ability to develop and manage projects from conceptual design through construction.
Client focused with an entrepreneurial spirit.
Ability to work independently and on large multi-disciplinary teams.
Outstanding written and verbal skills.
Demonstrated leadership and ability to mentor and develop a project team.