Our Health and Benefits business helps large and mid-size clients control soaring health and welfare plan costs, improve health outcomes and promote employee engagement through broad-based, state-of-the-art interventions. We provide solutions encompassing creative plan design, vendor evaluation and management, pricing and funding strategies, data analytics, valuation support, legal compliance and governance strategies. We also provide Specialty consulting services including clinical/health management program design, pharmacy solutions, disability/absence management strategies and claims audit services. Product based solutions such as our pharmacy purchasing coalition round out our broad-based suite of offerings.
In this role you will serve as the primary, day to day lead for large clients on issues pertaining to strategy and management of their health and welfare benefit plans. You will assemble the resources and work directly with the client on complex, technical issues, planmarketing and placement initiatives, carrier and vendor management, and overall benefits and rewards strategies. You will contribute to new business opportunities and lead new client implementations.
- Maintain and cultivate client relationships at all levels, seeking to understanding their human capital needs and articulating Willis Towers Watson’s employee value proposition, products, services and resources.
- Contribute to employee benefit strategy: Analyze employee benefit programs and make recommendations to improve effectiveness of clients’ employee benefits programs/design, policies and practices, including leading strategic planning sessions.
- Contribute to the sales process for prospective clients including value proposition creation, RFP/proposal development, participating in finalist presentation, etc.
- Proactively advise clients and provide consistent client service, resolving day to day service issues (eligibility, carrier coverage and claims issues, compliance; health care reform, HIPAA, etc.)
- Prepare for and facilitate client meetings (prepare agendas and materials, coordinate resources, etc.) when there is no Client Service Manager
- Understand, articulate and implement key Willis Towers Watson value-added resources (legal resources/file 5500’s; employee benefit brochures and communications; etc.)
- Manage the client open enrollment process including vendor management and implementation, conducting employee meetings, proofing contracts, updatinginternal systems, etc.
- Maintain and cultivate strong carrier relationships to enhance Willis Towers Watson’s position in the marketplace, including understanding and articulating current product offerings, trends and coverage options.
- Associates or Bachelor’s level degree; Insurance degree a plus
- State Life and Health license required
- Professional Certification (GBA, PHR) preferred
- 8+ years of health and welfare account management experience including some underwriting or analytical experience
- Strong technical knowledge of health and welfare employee benefit plan design, insurance products, current trends and regulatory environment
- Experience managing large clients (multi-plan/state; complex plans; etc.)
- Strong client service orientation with ability to proactively understand client’s human capital needs and present/implement solutions.
- Proven experience managing multiple projects simultaneously and producing quality deliverables on time and within budget
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including presentation skills
- Team player who takes initiative, is resourceful and is self-motivated to continuous learning and development
- Computer skills which include proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point, as well as navigation within the Internet
Willis Towers Watson is a leading global advisory, broking and solutions company that helps clients around the world turn risk into a path for growth. With roots dating to 1828, Willis Towers Watson has 40,000 employees serving more than 140 countries. We design and deliver solutions that manage risk, optimize benefits, cultivate talent, and expand the power of capital to protect and strengthen institutions and individuals. Our unique perspective allows us to see the critical intersections between talent, assets and ideas – the dynamic formula that drives business performance.