Senior Client Manager ( Employee Benefits )
The Sr. Client Service Specialist serves as a benefits consultant and a day to day service contact to clients on issues pertaining to the strategy and management of their health and welfare benefit plans. This resource works directly with other members of the service team and directly with the client on complex, technical coverage issues, plan marketing and placement initiatives, carrier and vendor management and overall benefits and rewards strategies. This role also supports new business opportunities, helping the sales team to develop the value proposition and presenting at finalist meetings.
- Manage existing book of clients in conjunction with Consultant team, as well as assist in the sale and implementation of new clients.
- Analyze employee benefit programs and make recommendations to improve effectiveness of clients’ employee benefits programs/design, policies and practices, including participating in and facilitating strategic planning sessions.
- Maintain and cultivate client relationships at all levels, seeking to understanding their human capital needs and articulating Willis EB Value Proposition, EB products, services and resources.
- Assist in the sales process with prospective clients (RFP; proposal development/presentation; etc.)
- Proactively advise clients and provide consistent client service, resolving day to day service issues (eligibility; carrier coverage and claims issues; compliance; health care reform; HIPAA; etc.)
- Prepare for and facilitate client meetings (prepare agendas; materials coordinate resources, etc.)
- Understand, articulate and implement key Willis value-added resources (NLRG to answer legal issues/file 5500’s; employee benefit brochures and communications; HR Partner Consulting; etc.)
- Assist in driving the renewal/marketing process including gathering vendor/client information, preparing and analyzing benchmark data, communicating trend to clients, developing RFP and client proposal and recommendations; etc.
- Manage the client open enrollment process including vendor management and implementation, conducting employee meetings, proofing contracts, complying with Willis Excellence Model (WEM) and updatinginternal systems and commission tracking.
- Maintain and cultivate strong carrier relationships to enhance Willis position in the marketplace, including understanding and articulating current product offerings, trends and coverage options.
- Associates or Bachelor’s level degreepreferred; Insurance degree a plus
- State Life and Health license (Professional Certification (GBA, PHR) preferred
- Ten or more years of insurance industry experience related to servicing accounts preferred
- Four or more years of analytical analysis of employee benefit programs preferred
- General underwriting experience a plus
- Technical knowledge of employee benefits industry, including knowledge of health and welfare insurance products (fully/self-funded plan designs, consumer-driven healthcare, life and disabilty plans, etc.) wellness, and current trends as well as regulatory environment of employee benefit plans
- Previous experience managing large clients (multi-plan/state; complex plans; etc.) preferred
- Strong client service orientation with ability to resolve client problems and proactively understand client’s human capital needs and present/implement Willis solutions.
- Understanding of marketing process, underwriting and funding concepts, with ability to analyze carrier options, compare costs and benefits of potential options and confidently present client recommendations (strong analytical, math and problem solving skills)
- Strong project management skills with ability to work independently and establish priorities; Strong planning, organization and time management skills
- Strong detail orientation with ability to multi-task and handle large work volumes under deadlines and with a focus on quality
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as presentation skills
- Assertiveness, with ability to negotiate, influence and persuade others and confidently present recommendations
- Ability to establish and build strong relationships and work collaboratively with others
- Team player who takes initiative, is resourceful and is self-motivated to continuous learning and development
- Computer skills which include proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point, as well as navigation within the Internet