Actively search for new business opportunities for engineering consulting department, office or division. Develop and foster long-term client relationships. Utilize contacts in appropriate professional organizations to network with potential clients and develop intelligence regarding the firm’s competition. Use networking contacts to develop leads and provide new projects from past, existing and future clients. Prepare marketing materials including qualification packages, written proposals and other client submittals.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Acts as the senior client development representative for a division, office or department.
- Responsible for using his/her personal contacts to develop long-term client relationships.
- Spends time outside the office in direct contact with clients and prospects.
- Schedules meetings with existing and potential clients for purpose of introducing or reminding clients of firm’s capabilities. Utilizes office staff to augment and assist as needed.
- Uses extensive networking contacts to develop client leads and provide new projects from past, existing and future clients. May solicit advice or assistance from other members of the firm to implement this strategy.
- Facilitate strategy meetings for both client and major project pursuits.
- Directs the activities and monitors the results of subordinate direct reports.
- Assists operations managers with the preparation and execution of client development plans and programs.
- Utilizes the contacts in appropriate professional organizations to network with potential clients and to develop intelligence regarding the firm’s competition.
- Reports to supervisor on planned and proposed sales activities within his or her goals. May be accountable for generating specified volume of business within a pre-defined time frame.
- Collaborates with others in corporate roles (NAMs, Sectors, Marketing) to coordinate client and project pursuits.
- Assist on the development of proposals and recommend fees on some projects.
- Assists with organization and execution of promotional activities and programs which include professional displays at designated conferences or professional trade shows.
- Utilizes the available business intelligence tools to seek the opportunities that present the highest chances for success.
- Follow safety rules, guidelines and standards for all projects. Participate in pre-task planning. Report any safety issues or concerns to management.
- Be responsible for maintaining quality standards on all projects.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or related degree and 5 years’ related experience. Or, in lieu of a degree, a minimum of 9 years related experience.
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history.