POSTING ID: 2120/980/7888
Responsible for the coordination and planning of curriculum development and training within functional areas of expertise. Format, maintain and develop curriculum for programs and lead rollouts of training initiatives. Work closely with junior level trainers providing mentorship and needed training. Position will develop and deliver start-up Claim Trainee Program for Homeowner's First Party Claims. While assisting in recruiting and talent identification, the position will also identify key training needs within the division.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
- Train claims personnel on First Party Homeowner Adjusting skills (such as property estimating, systems, coverage, investigations, evaluations, negotiations) and soft skills (such as customer service)
- Assist in training outside of designated group upon request; this may involve training of independent agents and other departments within the company
- Assume role as lead contact of the training group with others for the planning and development of these classes
- Direct the development of training material in functional areas of responsibility; coordinate with leadership to ensure all training needs are met and changes in programs are made where needed
- Lead rollout of major training initiatives - including planning, scheduling, researching, implementation, etc.
- Determine needs for class approval of continuing education and process of approval from DOI
- Work with Training Specialist in curriculum development for new programs; coordinate efforts and priorities in new class development
- Complete needs assessment of assigned areas to provide input on new classes needed and additional improvements to current classes
- Perform other projects and assignments as directed
Minimum Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's Degree or in-lieu of degree equivalent education, training and work-related experience
- Must possess effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to perform well in high-energy, dynamic and team-oriented environments
- Effective organization and time management skills with the ability to work under pressure and adhere to project deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to establish working relationships with individuals at varying levels within the organization
- 10 years Homeowner Claims Handling experience, with some supervisory or management and training experience strongly preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- 10 years of experience in the Homeowner Claims Field
- 5 years of experience in the designated industry of training
- Possess experience and skills in leadership in order to mentor other trainers, function as a team leader and handles projects
- Obtain/Maintain appropriate licensing or educational requirements to be able to teach classes for continuing educational requirements
- Possess solid skills in planning and presentation(critical to performance of training classes and development of curriculum and scheduling)
- Possess expert technical knowledge and skills in training development, curriculum design, course evaluations and needs assessment
- Solid understanding of the claims policies and procedures and the ability to interpret policies & procedures in resolving claims
- Demonstrate working knowledge of claims systems (e.g Xactimate estimating)
- Demonstrates solid understanding of coverage interpretation and homeowner estimating.
- High degree of initiative, mature judgment and discretion.
- Self-starter and capable of working independently with little supervision
- Prior experience speaking publicly and conducting verbal presentations
- Understand one or more of the following areas within an insurance company: Policy Operations, Marketing and/or Sales