We’re changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we’re a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it’s a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that’s just what we’re doing today. We’re thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we’re in for the long haul. We’re reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
About the Role
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced claims professional to gain diversity in his/her career across the US & Canada and to manage a national team. You will report to our Global Claims Director in San Francisco. If you're ready to go deep working on a rewarding set of challenges and if you've got the skills, experience, drive, and a strong team mentality - Uber on and get in touch!
What You'll Do
- Oversee Uber’s US & Canada Claims Team to manage overall strategic direction, leadership, and management of all claims in the region, with a focus on operational excellence, quality claim management, and customer service (obsession).
- Develop,maintain and analyze appropriate metrics, governance and control mechanisms for specialized claims handling
- Manage key organizational reports related to Reserves, Limit Erosion and Claims Submissions and Productivity
- Create strategic direction to develop, implement and leverage data and analytics to measure effectiveness of claim initiatives through RMIS system
- Use data and analytics to improve business results by targeting opportunities for process improvement
What You'll Need
- 10 or more years of motor vehicle liability and personal accident claims handling experience with a strong preference for candidates with experience in litigated, complex, or large claims
- 5 years of solid leadership experience
- Bachelor's Degreerequired, Master’s degreedesired
- Proficient computer skills required to navigate a paperless environment
- High level of technical claim and legal knowledge
- Excellent communication skills
- Easy adaptation to changing situations, requirements or priorities