WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
Berkshire Hathaway Homestate Companies is looking for a Senior Claims Business Analyst for our Claims team in Omaha. The Senior Claims Business Analyst is responsible for leading our efforts to develop and implement new processes, capabilities and related training to improve the effectiveness and productivity of the Claims function. The Senior Claims Business Analyst will collect data about various Claims processes and trends, and make recommendations for improvements and operational efficiencies. This position is responsible for assisting with identification of opportunities to improve operations, presenting proposals for action and implementation, and successfully managing related projects.
- Perform analysis of claim processes, procedures, work flows, and claim data
- Lead software and technical projects to meet or exceed Claims productivity, efficiency and business outcome goals
- Lead Claims efforts to develop and implement new processes, software and other capabilities and related training, including Compass content and roll-out materials
- Develop scalable and transferable plans, tools, templates and processes which drive Claims to become more efficient and effective at identifying, scoping and implementing technical projects
- Build and maintain a summary of projects underway, track key milestones, progress, issues, etc. to ensure effective progress on key initiatives
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously by establishing effective project plans to ensure goal attainment within project scope
- Identify project opportunities utilizing new or existing sources of data, supporting key initiatives and strategic goals Claims and Company-wide objectives; maintain the queue of potential projects and coordinate the process to prioritize them
- Develop project plans and tools/templates that others can use to effectively plan projects
- Monitor key project outcomes to assess how well we're achieving goals/objectives, and to improve processes
- Work with Claims business partners to problem solve and develop solutions for bottlenecks; trouble-shoot and identify root cause(s) of workflow issues and recommend appropriate solutions.
HOW YOU'D FIT IN:
- Education: Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Computer Science, or Project Management required; Master's degree in business preferred.
- Experience: Minimum of five years of work experience in insurance or related business field, and a minimum of two years of experience in project or product management.
- Critical Thinking: Ability to think critically and adapt quickly in a flexible and dynamic environment; Proactive, and inquisitive in approach to work; Ability to derive appropriate conclusions and apply on the job.
- Language Ability: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret business and professional journals, and technical procedures; Ability to write and interpret business correspondence and reports; Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions on an Executive level and with other interdepartmental leaders/partners.
- Math Ability: Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals; Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent and to draw and interpret graphs; Ability to perform statistical analysis utilizing multivariate analytical techniques to develop some predictive modeling; Ability to perform variance analysis and identify issues and trends at a high level.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists; Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form; Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Technical and Computer Skills: highly proficient with MS Office Suite products and proficient on applicable databases, systems and vendor software programs; Solid knowledge/ability with MS-Excel (able to construct pivot tables, regression analysis, etc.); have ability or be able to learn MS-Access, MS-SQL quickly.
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY:
- Unparalleled financial strength and stability
- Fantastic growth and advancement opportunities
- Relaxed Atmosphere with Casual Dress Code
- Generous Paid Time Off and Holidays
- Excellent Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, etc)
- Tuition Assistance Reimbursement
- Discounts across companies such as GEICO, See's Candies, etc.