Headquartered in the Central Florida city of Lakeland, Summit employs over 700 office and field associates at its main location and regional offices in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, and Gainesville, Georgia. As the people who know workers’ comp, we strive to provide an atmosphere of constant growth and development for our employees.
Summit provides workers’ compensation programs and services to approximately 40,000 employers throughout the Southeast.
Summit is a member of Great American Insurance Group, a company that focuses on building relationships and linking people to various career paths. Whether it’s underwriting, claims, accounting, IT, legal, or customer service, Great American Insurance Group combines a small-company entrepreneurial atmosphere with big- company expertise.
Investigates and maintains claims:
- Reviews and evaluates coverage and / or liability.
- Secures and analyzes necessary information (i.e., reports, policies, appraisals, releases, statements, records or other documents) in the investigation of claims.
- Works toward the resolution of claims files, and attends arbitrations, mediations, dispositions or trials as necessary.
- May affect settlements / reserves within prescribed limits and submit recommendations to supervisor on cases exceeding personal authority.
- Conveys complex information (coverage, decisions, outcomes, etc.) to all appropriate parties, maintaining a professional demeanor in all situations.
- Ensures that claims payments are issued in a timely and accurate manner.
- Ensures that claims handling is conducted in compliance with applicable statutes, regulations and other legal requirements, and that all applicable company procedures and policies are followed.
- Provides technical advice to lower level positions and other functional areas.
- Leads the work of others (mentors, prioritizes, delegates and reviews assignments).
- Performs other duties as assigned.