Senior CJIS Security Administrator
We are looking for Senior CJIS Security Administrator with Cloud Security for our client in San Jose, CA
Job Title: Senior CJIS Security Administrator with Cloud Security
Job Location: ?San Jose, CA
Job Type: Contract ? 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
- Primary focus of this position is to lead securing and managing CJIS compliance for the Public Safety Program including but not limited to the setup of CJIS compliant processes and procedures around system access methodology, information systems, application and physical infrastructuresecurity. In addition this role plays a vital part in CJIS audits and compliance efforts.
- Other critical duties include regularly reviewing system, network vulnerability scans, and securityaudits, responding to audit requests, review of new and existing application development efforts and ensuring Public Safety security efforts meet both CJIS and larger Verizon security policies and requirements.
The candidate will:
- Plan, coordinate, and lead implement security measures to protect data, software, and hardware. Work with the architecture and development groups to translate security policies and procedures into technical requirements.
- Ensure fulfillment of legal and contractual information security and privacy mandates, including providing program and Verizon management with compliance reports and audit findings.
- Provide leadership for external and internal securityaudits, including preparation, gathering of evidence and working with customer or internal securityauditor(s) to ensure satisfactory audit results.
- Analyze, plan and coordinate mitigation of negative findings from securityaudits.
- Provide security related leadership, guidance and assist in training end users and IT staff.
- Review and implement Verizon information security policies and procedures.
- Participate in responses to malware, virus, unauthorized access, DDOS and othersecurity related incidents.
- Stay informed of current technology, trends and best practices related to cloud, networking and computer systems, as well as applicable government regulations (especially CJIS). Analyzes and recommends changes and upgrades to staff and IT management.
- Continually stay updated on CJIS policy changes, engaging impacted teams to drive a plan toward compliance.
- Specific Knowledge and skills:
- Strong working knowledge of CJIS (Criminal Justice Information Security) requirements, policies and procedures.
- Strong working knowledge of data and networksecuritytechnologies and familiarity with systems hardware and software.
- Knowledge of Cloud (AWS and/or Azure) security principles and best practices.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Operating Systems security principles and best practices.
- Knowledge of Linux Operating Systems security principles and best practices.
- Knowledge of IT vulnerabilities and protection methods.
- Solid verbal and written communication skills, ability to communicate technical concepts to non- technical audiences.
- Analytic and problem-solving abilities with attention to detail; demonstrates accuracy, looks for ways to improve and promote quality.
You?ll need to have:
- Bachelor?s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems or related discipline or 4 or more years relevant work experience.
- 6 or more years relevant work experience. Even better if you have?
- 3+ years of IT administration, operations, and maintenance experience focused on security relevant technologies; or combination of equivalent education, training, certifications.
- Public Safety expertise with special emphasis in CJIS auditing and process / procedure creation
- Familiarity with NIST. FISMA, FedRAMP and ISO information security standards
- Certification in one of the following would factor highly:
- CISSP (Certified Information Systems Security Professional) with applicable domains
- CISM (Certified Information Security Manager)
- CompTIA Security+