- Provide technical expertise on transportation and municipal utility projects.
- Perform detailed design and plan review of MDOT and locally funded projects, including development of specifications, estimates and studies
- Prepare permits and applications for SHPO and other documents related to projects.
- Monitor/manage construction activities.
- Management and training of graduate engineers
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering required.
- PE in the State of Michigan required.
- Minimum of 7 years of related experience required.
- Experience with the study, planning, and design of transportation and municipal utilities, funding agency administration, permitting and construction oversight.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Familiarity of industry practices and regulations, including knowledge of LAP and MDOT design and deliverable requirements.
- Experience working with MDOT, City of Grand Rapids and other communities in the Grand Rapids area, desired.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD Civil 3D required.
- Experience with MicroStation/Corridor Modeler desired.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite including Microsoft Project.
HRC offers flexible work hours, a team and family oriented work environment and excellent benefits, including:
- Comprehensive benefits package including affordable Medical, Dental & Vision plan options
- 401k with employer-matched contributions
- Life Insurance
- Disability Income
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Strong work-life balance with generous PTO beginning on day 1
- An atmosphere that is collaborative, challenging, and filled with forward-thinking team members
- Competitive market-based salary
- Hourly pay with 1.5 overtime