WE ARE VHB—a passionate team of engineers, scientists, planners, and designers tackling exciting challenges in the transportation, real estate, institutional, applied technology, and energy industries—serving a range of public- and private-sector clients. At VHB, we are dedicated to improving mobility, enhancing communities, and balancing development and infrastructure needs with environmental stewardship.
- We are creative problem-solvers
- We work hard, and we give back
- We like our colleagues, and we love Mondays (really)
- We are diverse, caring, welcoming, and fun!
It’s not surprising that VHB has consistently been rated one of the top AEC firms to work for across our 30+ offices on the East Coast.
We’re growing, and we hope you’ll join us!
About the Position
- Develop site/civil engineering plans and specifications for a multitude of projects, including large-scale industrial developments, biotech, institutional, healthcare and residential
- Support preparation of land development design and permitting documents
- Responsible for project financial performance and client relations
- Prepare and review drawings and specifications documenting the systems designed
- Attend meetings with clients, regulatory agencies, and stakeholders to establish their needs and discuss design/permitting issues with them
- Supervise design team activities during Construction Administration
- Manage work and development of junior-level staff
- Manage small, medium or large projects
- Develop new project opportunities and manage proposal submissions
Skills and Attributes
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to think critically
- Ability to multitask
- Strong computer skills (CAD & MS Office)
- Excels working in a team environment
- Exhibits strong leadership skills
- BS in Civil Engineering or related degree
- 8+ years of increasing engineering experience on complex projects
- PE licensure in Virginia, Maryland or DC or ability to obtain within 12 months
- Proficient in site layout, grading, utility design and stormwater management
- Understanding of the Metro DC, Maryland and Virginia market