Ulteig is seeking talented and motivated candidates for a Sr. Solar Civil Engineer opportunity supporting utility-scale solar photovoltaic projects. The selected candidate will engage with Ulteig’s civil, structural, and electrical design teams and our clients to provide innovative, forward thinking design solutions to facilitate the development, design, and construction of solar projects.
What You'll Do
- Applies current, standard engineering techniques, procedures and criteria to complete engineering tasks, and supports other civil, structural, and electrical design workflows as necessary on a case by case basis.
- Develops plans, specifications, and observation reports that are complete, accurate and in accordance with sound utility-scale solar engineering practices.
- Recommends alterations to development criteria and design features to improve quality.
- Oversee and provide design guidance to a team of design engineers and engineering technicians on utility scale solar projects.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish project goals.
- Is technically involved with the resolution of design challenges that may include performing field investigation or observations and when necessary resolving discrepancies between multiple sources of information.
- Oversee and check design computations performed by internal civil design team.
- Prepares reports and correspondence concerning the direction of assigned projects.
- Reviews plans and specifications for constructability, safety, and risk management considerations.
- Maintains a value engineering mindset throughout development, design, and construction.
- Works closely with business and engineering staff across multiple markets and technical disciplines.
- Works closely with clients to understand nuanced technical needs and identify best feasible solution(s).
- Supports marketing, sales and business development activities within assigned market.
- Demonstrates a wide degree of out-of-the-box thinking, creativity, and design ownership.
- Majority of the work will be in the office, with up to 20% of the time in the field, visiting clients, and representing Ulteig at conferences and trade shows as warranted.
What We Expect from You
- B.S. in Civil Engineering from an ABET accredited program or equivalent is required.
- Civil Professional Engineer (PE) registration required, NCEES Council Record is preferred.
- Minimum of 8-10+ years of civil engineering experience, with at least 4-5 years of experience in design and development of utility scale solar projects is required.
- Proficient at utility scale solar grading design, additions to existing civil designs, and earthwork calculations is required.
- Familiarity with erosion and sediment control applications in arid environments and cost effective nonvegetative stabilization techniques is highly desired.
- Experience performing detailed design of solar facilities with complex topographic, environmental, and non-participating infrastructure constraints is highly desired.
- Stormwater management and permitting experience is highly desired.
- Experience developing Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plans (SWPPP) is preferred.
- Demonstrated proficiency and working knowledge of AutoCAD Civil 3D is required.
- Proven experience in Microsoft Software Applications (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook).
- Must have legal authorization to work permanently in the US.