SNC-Lavalin’s Transportation and Infrastructure team provides multidisciplinary design and project management services to a diverse portfolio of private and public sector clients in British Columbia and across Canada.
In response to increasing project demands and development of our business, we are seeking a qualified Senior Civil Engineer to join the SNC-Lavalin team in its Kelowna office. The ideal candidate will have a broad base of civil engineering design and management experience and will be a motivated self-starter who embraces the opportunity to develop business and deliver projects in Kelowna and the surrounding communities.
Why join us?
This position is based out of our office in Kelowna, British Columbia. Kelowna is renowned as one of Canada’s premier lifestyle destinations. With its immediate access to Okanagan Lake and world-class ski resorts, Kelowna is an ideal choice for living a balanced lifestyle.
SNC-Lavalin offers an exciting opportunity to develop and work on transportation and infrastructure projects in a range of sectors including roads and highways, airports, municipal and marine. SNC-Lavalin also offers flexible working hours and the added benefit of working remotely to enhance and support a healthy work-life balance.
The successful candidate will be responsible for working alongside multidisciplinary technical leads and project managers in our offices in BC and across Canada. The ideal candidate will embrace the opportunity to work on a variety of projects and bring the long-term drive, ambition and potential to develop and progress within our organization.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Developing business and relationships.
- Leading and designing a diverse range of civil projects including those which are part of a multidisciplinary assignment.
- Developing cost estimates based on quantity take offs and unit prices.
- Leading and/or overseeing the preparation of fee estimates and project proposals.
- Encouraging use of new technology and software.
- Preparing and presenting work product to clients.
- Working with multidisciplinary teams in a leading or supporting role.
- Engaging in business development and client liaison activities.
- Providing mentoring, coaching, and technical guidance to junior engineers and technicians to ensure the technical adequacy of all work.
- Developing and maintaining good working relationships with colleagues and clients.
What will you contribute?
- Minimum of 5 years of civil engineering design experience within Canada.
- An undergraduate degree in Civil Engineering from a recognized institution.
- Registration as a Professional Engineer with EGBC.
- MMCD Certified Contract Administration (CCA) designation is desirable.
- Proficient with office productivity, project accounting and personnel management software applications.
- Ability to work independently and to prioritize multiple and multidisciplinary projects and project teams.
- Proficient with CAD and Civil 3D software and related standards. Experience with Microstation is an asset.
- Experience with BC Ministry of Transportation projects and BC MMCD standards.
- Working knowledge of application of TAC, BCMOTI, and AASHTO design standards.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and a positive problem solving and collaborative approach.
- Fluent in spoken and written English.
- Experience with preparation of clear and comprehensive reports, technical notes and client or public presentations.
- Experience working on site during construction considered an asset.
- Development and management of project scope, schedule and budget.
- Willingness and ability to travel on short-term assignments within BC and Canada.