Serves as a Senior Civil Engineer on a full time basis.
Conducting site surveys and developing site survey reports which include the evaluation of existing conditions and recommendations for the design and approach based on the existing conditions, current codes, and the client design criteria.
• Developing project scope of work, coordinating with subcontractors, and communicating with the client.
• Developing civil design drawings and specifications for construction following relevant codes and standards.; Knowledge of FAA Standards and Orders is a plus.
• Developing Material Take Offs, Rough Order of Magnitude (ROM) cost estimates, and detail Engineer's Independent Government Cost Estimate for the civil discipline.
• Compiling design comments and providing technical guidance to CAD designer/drafters and designers, and coordinate with other discipline engineers working on the same project.
• Providing engineering support during construction. Tasks include reviewing submittals to ensure compliance with drawings and specifications, responding to Requests For Information (RFI), issuing Field Instructions (FI), and developing independent estimates for potential change orders.
• Developing recommendations to solve unforeseen and unusual problems in the field.
• Leading or attending meetings and developing meeting minutes.
• Attending client coordination and review meetings, preparing and presenting project status updates, and supporting Project Manager in engineering related tasks.
• Overseeing subcontractor during construction, as a Resident Engineer, to verify adherence to drawings and specifications.
• Supporting project closeout and lessons learned documentation.
• Performing other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
• Implements program Safety and Quality requirements and safety in design into design products.
• Some travel for surveys, inspections, and meetings is required.
Degreed Civil engineer from an ABET accredited program with 5 plus years of experience after graduation. NCEES or other third party validation of ABET equivalency may be acceptable.
Professional Engineer (PE) Licensing in any State or on a track toward obtaining a PE license within 1 year of hire.
Working knowledge of CAD and other PC software packages typically associated with engineering.
Ability to read and understand drawings, codes, standards, and specifications.
Willingness to travel throughout US for surveys, inspections, and meetings.
Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products, such as Excel, Word, Project, PowerPoint, Access, etc.
Familiar with cloud-based databases, such as MS SharePoint.
Experience using CAD software such as MicroStation or AutoCAD.
Previous Federal Government experience is preferred.
Civil Design focus in commercial, residential or government site development.
Experience in mission critical facilities design is preferred.
Self-starter and ability learn and adapt quickly.
Must be able to meet customer security requirements. A background check by the Federal Authorities will be performed