LDG is a growing, employee-owned company teaming with our clients to provide responsive, innovative solutions to facility, transportation, land development, and environmental needs. We communicate honestly and responsibly to deliver value-added services to clients who share our goals of quality, growth, and profit. Our success is reflected in our personal and professional development, and our commitment to community stewardship.
The successful applicant will join a civil engineering design team and perform a variety of assignments designed to develop knowledge and abilities, requiring application of standard techniques, procedures and criteria.
· Perform independent planning and design tasks, prepare construction documents and successfully deliver projects to completion.
· Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
· Mentor and provide oversight to less experienced staff.
· Provide direction, oversight and review of engineering design performed by the project team.
· Exercise initiative, judgment and knowledge commensurate with responsibilities of the position.
· Work closely with clients and project team to effectively describe and deliver the scope of work.
· Knowledge of codes and standards applicable to design of projects.
· Preparation of associated calculations, reports and spreadsheets.
· Assist Project Manager's in the preparation of fee proposals.
· Complete inspections and field work.
· Conduct research in support of engineering documents.
Skills & Abilities:
· Strong oral and written communication skills.
· Experience utilizing Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Power Point, etc.).
· Proficient use of AutoCAD Civil 3D and Hydrologic and Hydraulic Software Packages to be used for Site Layout, Grading, Utility, and Stormwater Management Plan design and/or other discipline-specific programs.
· Good organization and time management skills.
· Ability to work in a Team environment or to work independently on specific project tasks.
· Some local travel required.
Preferred Skills & Abilities:
· Experience in the Federal/Department of Defense Market preferred, but not required.
· Prior work experience with a civil/land development engineering company utilizing AutoCAD design and other stormwater management modeling software.
Qualifications & Experience:
· Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering or related field.
· Professional Engineer licensure
· 8+ years experience in Civil Engineering.