Senior Civil Engineer- Land Development
Department:VA-Virginia BeachLocation:Virginia Beach, VA
START YOUR APPLICATION
VHB is seeking a Civil Engineer with 8 to 12 years of experience to join our Land Development group in our growing Virginia Beach Office. This is an outstanding opportunity to join a dynamic organization and become a member of our team, working on assignments across Virginia. The successful candidate will work on a range of site engineering assignments for private real estate clients but will also work on public and institutional projects as well.
- Initial project development, preparation of site/civil engineering designs, specifications, and construction documents.
- Participation in the public review/approval processes for our client’s projects
- Work with a collaborative team of professionals across multiple technical disciplines to develop site/civil engineering plans and specifications for a wide range of project types
- Oversee the preparation of land development design studies, plans and permitting documents
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Civil engineering background
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- High level of attention to detail
- Ability to think critically
- Excel in working in a team environment
- 8 to 12 years of progressively more responsible civil engineering experience
- BS in Civil Engineering
- Registered Professional Engineer in the Commonwealth of Virginia required
- Proficient in site layout, grading, utility design and stormwater management
- HydroCAD and StormCAD experience preferred
- Good understanding of State and local permitting process
- CAD experience required, GIS experience is a plus
VHB’s passionate professionals include engineers, scientists, planners, and designers who partner with public and private clients in the transportation, real estate, institutional, and energy industries, as well as federal, state, and local governments.
Together, we work to improve mobility, enhance communities and economic vitality, and balance development and infrastructure needs with environmental stewardship.
At VHB, we’re invested in what we do, compelled by intellectual curiosity, and driven to work collectively to best serve our clients and help shape the future of our communities in a meaningful way. We’re proud, yet humbled, tohave been doing this for 38 years. We are dedicated to making a positive impact, and providing opportunities to grow personally and professionally.