GEI is expanding and we are seeking a Civil Engineer/Project Manager to join our growing Marquette, MI, office. This individual will assist with ongoing field and engineering design efforts related to storm water management, site development, water and wastewater engineering.
Essential Responsibilities & Duties
- Mentor staff within the local office and elsewhere.
- Manage small to large projects within technical specialty.
- Provide technical review and direct project activities of staff level engineers.
- Evaluate and analyze collected data and prepare technical reports, letters and memorandum.
- Develop construction drawings, technical specifications, bid documents and project schedules.
- Develop and meet project plans, schedules and budgets.
- Prepare proposals to provide professional services and strive to develop new business in areas of specialty. Support other GEI offices with proposals and the delivery of professional services.
- Develop and maintain client relationships. Represent GEI in communications and conferences pertaining to areas of specialty and other assignments.
- Travel to project sites and other offices as required, including overnight travel.
- B.S. degree in Civil Engineering, or equivalent experience, with an M.S. degree preferred.
- 5-15+ years of professional experience.
- Registered Professional Engineer.
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills and be able to work well alone and in a team atmosphere with experience supervising, supporting and directing staff and meeting deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to supervise and review other’s work.
- Demonstrated ability to build strong client relationships and desire to obtain new business.
- Must be willing to travel on temporary assignments as necessary, including field assignments.