At EXP, we know that great experiences start with the right people. We believe that work should be challenging, and the challenge should be fun. We also believe that exponential possibilities are more likely to occur with a respectful, satisfying and empowering company. We value and respect our employees - their experience and expertise as well as their energy, passion and diversity - and their innovative approach to work and to life.
EXP is currently searching for a Senior Civil Design Engineer (Project Manager), Central Ontario Infrastructure in our Brampton or Markham office.
- Working under the direction of our Senior Director, Land Development, manage projects across Ontario; with proven management of profitable projects; with strength and experience working with our strong base of existing clients including Infrastructure Ontario (IO), Hospital, Transit projects; and forging strong alliances with new clients to build business.
- Assume overall responsibility for successful delivery of medium to large-scale land and site development, infrastructure projects; through the planning, design, approvals, construction, and maintenance phases.
- Project scope, budget, and schedule control for development projects with typical - construction values of up to $50 Million.
- Recognize value of working in a strong team environment with a proven track record for quality product; and on time delivery.
- Build strong working relationships with other in house EXP disciplines including environment, geotechnical, hydrogeological, transportation planning and design, landscape.
- Supervise project teams, including design engineers, design/drafters, surveyors, field supervisors and inspectors, and other members of the project teams as part of EXP’s full service delivery programs.
- Develop Client Relationships; private, architectural, planning, municipal provincial and federal agencies.
- Manage and oversee all necessary approvals and permits for projects, including those from municipalities, provincial (Ontario) and federal government agencies.
- Manager & oversee the senior design team to ensure design, tendering, contract administration, field inspections, and post-construction phases of project execution to meet project deadlines.
- Meetings and coordination with multiple stakeholders (e.g., clients, contractors, approving agencies, planners, other consultants, residents, etc.) as necessary to meet project objectives.
The Skills, Knowledge and Abilities We Seek
- Relevant degree or diploma in engineering.
- P.Eng or R.E.T. or C.E.T. with relevant experience, licensed to practice in the Province of Ontario.
- 15 -20 years minimum relevant work experience.
- Project delivery, client satisfaction, and mentoring project design teams.
- Experience managing multiple alternate project implementation and delivery methods, including Project Design Construct (PDC), Design-Bid-Build(DBB), Design Build (DB), Design Build Finance, and Maintain (DBFM), and Public Private Partnerships (P3).
- Experience in Design-Build pursuit projects (Proposals/RFP Stage) including collaboration with relevant design partners and consultants
- Experience in the development of performance specifications including Project Specific Output Specifications (PSOS) documents, review of design submittals and identification of non-conformances to project requirements.
- Experience in the preparation of construction specifications including private supplemental specifications, technical specifications, as well as Master Format and Uniformat specifications.
- A detailed level of knowledge regarding transit, hospital, land and site development requirements and municipal/agency approvals, including:
- Stormwater Management Design
- Site Grading, Drainage, Servicing Design for Sanitary and Water services
- Familiarity with Structural designs for foundations
- Familiarity with Pavement designs and typical transportation layouts
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required
- Experience with AutoCAD including Civil 3D is an asset
- Experience in preparing contract documents and specifications; as well as contract administration