We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
In the role of Senior Civil Construction Inspector, we'll count on you to:
- Conduct and document observations of construction as it progresses for civil projects related to civil infrastructure, such as roads, bridges, water/wastewater facilities, pump stations and pipelines.
- Mentor junior field staff and provide supervision as needed.
- Collaborate with other field representatives or Project Managers.
- Read and interpret construction drawings and specifications, and identify discrepancies or conflicts within the documents.
- Conduct and document observations of construction as it progresses.
- Serve as the most senior inspector on projects as needed.
- Perform other duties as needed.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- 10+ years experience.
- Proficient with MS Office (Word/Excel/Outlook).
- Strong written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- This position typically requires successfully passing drug-screening procedures prior to being hired; thereafter subject to random and cause drug and alcohol testing.
- An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must.
- Technical school or Associate degree
- Relevant Industry Certifications
- Ability to interpret construction schedules