SC3 is a leading provider of high-end mission support, consulting and technology solutions to the federal government in defense, intelligence, and civil markets, and to major corporations and nonprofit organizations. SC3’s national security efforts reach across the intelligence community and Department of Defense, providing full life-cycle operational and cyber support and differentiated capabilities to meet our customer’s challenging mission.
In addition to our government services area, SC3 provides cutting-edge competitive intelligence and strategic management consulting to commercial clients. Private industry leaders from the financial, health care, manufacturing and other sectors turn to SC3 to ensure that they have access to the most relevant, current, and strategically important information – not only to grow their businesses, but also to protect them.
SC3 is hiring a Senior VDI Engineer.
The Senior VDI Engineer will provide architectural and operational support for remote access infrastructuretechnologies which include a virtualized desktop, applications, and VPN solution by providing full lifecycle engineering support resulting in solutions that are secure, effective, responsive, complete and efficient. The Senior VDI Engineer will be responsible for supporting the most Innovative, Intuitive, and Integrated (I3) mobile and virtual solutions that can be deployed to meet the remote access needs of employees. The successful candidate must have some experience and current technical familiarity with most or all of the current enterprise environment: Citrix Xenapp, VMWare View, and Cisco VPN.
1. Monitoring, operating, maintaining, and troubleshooting agency-wide, day-to-day Remote Access technologies to include, Virtualized Applications, Virtualized Desktop, and Virtual Private Networking
2. Troubleshooting outages and service interruptions, conducting a root cause analysis, and preparing an Action Plan to prevent the outage in the future; providing Tier 3 subject matter expertise in Remote Access connectivity products/services
3. Troubleshooting issues with Citrix Xenapp, Citrix Netscaler, Cisco Anyconnect client-based Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) VPN, and VMWare Horizon View Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) systems
4. Developing, updating, and maintaining the infrastructure documentation to include logical schematics and process flow of each remote access method in use
5. Providing suggestions for refinements, new solutions, and technologies to help better enable GSA’s desire for employee mobility.
1. 8+ years of experience in Information Technology with increasing responsibilities in an enterprise server infrastructure focusing on systems engineering and integration
2. 8+ years administering an Enterprise Citrix XenApp infrastructure
A. Experience with PVS (Citrix Provisioning Services)
B. Experience with XenServer 6.x and/or 7.x versions
3. 2+ years experience with VMWare Horizon Virtual Desktop Infrastructure
4. Citrix Certified Associate – Virtualization and Citrix Certified Professional – Virtualization AND/OR VMware VCP certification
5. Experience with Windows server (2012) administration/management and AD
6. Experience with Netscaler administration
7. Experience with Principles and practice of system configuration management, System Security; scripting in Perl, Python, VBScript or Windows PowerShell. Familiarity with Microsoft, UNIX, and or Linux OS
8. Experience supporting government customers in secure environments.
9. Experience with performing root cause analysis, risk identification, and risk mitigation
10. Experience in resolving communications hardware, software and configuration issues
11. Candidate must possess a US “Public Trust” clearance and eligible for Secret Clearance
12. Associates Degree or Higher in Computer Science, Information Technology or related discipline
1. ITIL® Intermediate Level Certification
2. Familiar with Nutanix, Dell FX2, or similar hyperconverged systems
3. Interpersonal skills including the ability to collaborate effectively, self-awareness, and excellent written and oral communications.
4. Experience with the design and implementation of IT service management best practices such as change, problem, incident, configuration and service level management is strongly preferred.
5. Ability to drive efficient resolution of incidents through analytical and structured approaches to problem solving
6. Experience in providing ongoing incremental systems design and architectural consultation
Our values are simple and straightforward. We know that competitive salaries and generous benefits are essential in our industry and SC3 strives to offer the best in both areas.
We are proud to offer:
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- 401(k) Plan
- Supplemental Life & AD&D
- Short & Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Professional Development
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Identity Protection Services
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing as required by the customer.
Job ID 2017-1217