ActioNet has an opportunity for a Senior Cisco Network Engineer requiring a Top Secret clearance located in Honolulu, Hawaii.
• Must have a Top Secret security clearance and a IT-I (privileged level systems access) will, immediately upon hire, require Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) access eligibility adjudicated by HQ USPACOM. SCI processing for SCI eligibility will be coordinated with the supporting Government Security Manager and will begin immediately upon start of duty performance under this contract/order.
• IAW DoD 8570.01-M, must meet IAT II minimum qualifications.
• Must have a current Cisco Certified Networking Professional (CCNP) certification
• Must have a current Security+ CE certification.
• At least 5 years of DoD network engineering experience or 8 years total of network engineering experience.
• Have significant experience using and maintaining servers and SolarWinds monitoring tool
• Have significant experience using Microsoft Visio.
• Experience using Microsoft Office tools (word, excel, outlook, powerpoint, etc…) Task/Subtask Function Minimum Qualifications - Must be able to carry 40 pounds due to installations.
• Exceptional communication skills, both oral and written, are required for individuals supporting tasks in this PWS, as there will be considerable interaction with customers, vendors, Headquarters Program Director staff, and other high-level stakeholders in support of these requirements.
ActioNet is an IT service provider and solutions integrator headquartered in Vienna, VA that works with the Federal Government and Department of Defense. In this role, you will be responsible for:
The candidate shall provide operational knowledge and support of Department of Defense (DoD) networking architecture to assist in designing, implementing, maintaining, and troubleshooting of USPACOM Command and Control Support System (C2S2) networks. The Senior Cisco Network Engineer shall operate as the networking Subject Matter Expert (SME) and will be expected to plan, implement, install, configure, operate, and optimize an extensive range of network technologies and monitoring tools across multiple enclaves. Additionally, the contractor shall be extensively knowledgeable in the practice and execution of DISA Security Technical Implementation Guide (STIG) validations and DISA’s STIG Viewer checklist.
a) Assume the project lead position, providing sound advice to government lead concerning network improvements and upgrades. Expertly plan, design, and execute projects with very little government oversight while providing crucial documentation to assist in maintaining continuity.
b) switches, firewalls, Video Teleconferencing (VTC)-specialized equipment, and all related network devices on operational networks, with no downtime, unless previously scheduled. Use /modify the backup configuration from backup server as a template.
c) Coordinate all planning for required Authorized Scheduled Interruptions (ASI). An implementation plan shall be completed and submitted to government lead for review. Upon approval and completion of the ASI, the candidate will produce a narrative After Actions Report (AAR) depicting the installation, faults, troubleshooting, fixes, and lessons learned.
d) Execute the DISA Security Technical Implementation Guide (STIG) validations and account for vulnerabilities via DISA’s STIG Viewer checklist; providing validation to appropriate government personnel. e) Perform cable management duties. These duties encompass the fabrication, patching, tracing, labeling, organizing, and troubleshooting new and existing networking infrastructure.
f) Work in conjunction with designated government personnel to configure/re-configure new and existing applications to capture necessary government data.
g) Notify government oversight upon notification of a form of failed network redundancy, to include testing of devices, and identify the potential cause, identify courses of action for mitigation or remediation, and assist in remedying the situation.
h) LAN/WAN Maintenance, Monitoring, and Troubleshooting: Provide maintenance, monitoring, and troubleshooting of network hardware, printers, servers, and software products and services within the Local Area Network (LAN) and Wide Area Network (WAN) networks, to include, telephony, and Video Teleconference (VTC) environments.
i) Maintain network device and personnel security within the network environment, managing identity and access needs with the use of the current PACOM Authentication, Authorization, and Accounting applications. 1) Maintain and administer secure access of network devices to authorized personnel who retains appropriate rights.