This position is responsible for all Cisco engineering, planning & transitioning our client’s legacy network infrastructure to private clouds. Perform O&M of the private clouds post transition.
- Work with the PM and Architect to transition functionality from legacy equipment to the organizations’ public and private clouds.
- Plan, install, configure and manage customers’ physical and virtual networks.
- Plans tasks to support STIG and DIACAP requirements in relation to law enforcement networks
- Provide Network Operation and Sustainment support for the virtualized environment
- Supports ntework transition activities from existing legacy infrastructure to new private.
- Develop and maintain standard operating procedures for legacy environment as well as resources transitioned to private cloud environments
- Diagnoses and troubleshoots problems with the network infrastructure; coordinates and plans corrective action with customer and administration team.
- Evaluates products and upgrades for appropriateness.
- Executes tasks defined in the project plans & schedules using best practices in secure networking models and standards
- Assist in the discovery process by capturing legacy requirements that must be transitioned to the cloud environments.
- Develop and implements functionality based on provided guidance and requirements for private and public cloud services
- Establish and comply with organizational standards and frameworks in creating and maintaining networks
- Post development activities include Operations and Management (O&M) support. Compliance with all CM processes and procedures as elements evolved from dev to test to prod.
- Collect and provide data/metrics that support any required SLA, MOU and MOAs
- Assesses the alignment of network engineering design principles/trends with desired mission strategies and objectives, concept of operations, business processes, and technology standards
- Coordinates with change management in collaboration with organizational governance
- Serves as network administrator and manages all network services with commitment to implementing best practices in security, optimization, quality assurance cloud architecture, design, engineering, testing and implementation
- Monitors and manages network operations and infrastructure services according to requirements specified in agreements with customer and stakeholders
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Minimum Cisco Certified Network Professional CCNP; A CCIE or CCAr is a plus
- Cloud Experience with Cisco ACI (Application Centric Infrastructure)
- Standard O&M practices supporting Layer 2 and 3 switches
- Cisco Certified Network Associate Security (CCNA Security) is a plus
- Virtualization Experience - design, implement, and manage networks
- Experience mentoring junior staff and customer resources
- Experience generating metric reports in support of outages and usage
- Demonstrated networking skills with various operating systems
- Ability to work flexible hours and be on-call
- Ability to do limited travel (0 - 4 times a year)
- Education: High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Must have a Secret clearance.
- US citizenship is required.
- Five (5) years or more years supporting IT/DevOps experience (2) of which in a cloud environment.
- SIA Certification a plus
- Experience working with virtualize platforms and networks a plus
- Windows ##, RedHat and Ubuntu O/S experience a plus
- Experience working in the Agile methodology
- Experience working Application Development and Operations teams