Senior CI/CD Automation engineer drives engineering excellence within the QA team, establish best practices within an agilescrum environment, code and enhance the automation framework, and work closely with the QE engineers on the team on test cases and to execute test plans
What you will do:.
- Learning and adopting new features and developing automation in that release
- Contributes to technical test cases, usability principles
- Works with Engineering Manager/Leads/Cloud Architects across teams to implement QA standards; uses the existing test design approaches and best practices to develop and/or make best use of integrated scripts and tools.
- Contributes to evolution of the software QA engineering practice within the organization, including better issue reporting, QA documentation. Works in an agile development environment.
- Defines the feature qualification through effective test cases, integration scenarios and activities to release product with cross product and functional teams, knowledge of multi-tier architecture product or solution
- Writes and executes complete test plans, designs the documentation for assigned portion of product; identifies, reports and follows up on issues with code and integration into multi-tier architecture
- Ownership of significant areas of the code for both new feature/functionality development as well as to maintain/redesign of the existing areas of the product.
- Ownership of Test Automation and setting up frameworks on multiple application platforms like Web, Desktop.
- Knowledge in working with the development team during the feature design and implementation phases to develop: the test methodology (designing the test approach) to test the feature end-to-end
- A deep understanding of multiple forms of software testing throughout the entire SDLC,: regression, functional, unit, black-box, white box, UAT, usability, performance testing, etc.
- Strong polyglot development ability to include Node.js, Python, Golang, Java, Scala, and/or Bash
- Experience in Robot framework, someone who has already built automation framework
- Understanding features and automating the features
- Experience with Git version control and bug tracking software such as JIRA
- Experience in AWS service offerings and capabilities
- Ability to work across product organizations on inter-area projects, help identify the critical paths of components, and resolve dependencies
- Knowledge of Security/Cloud Technologies
- Excellent inter-personal and teamwork skills
- Experience with complex RCA and defect isolation a strong plus
- Experience with microservice architectures a strong plus