Responsible for creative and technical aspects of specific product development Categories for New Acquisition Brands (NYX/UD/ITC). Maintains close awareness of scientific literature, patents, raw material technology, processing methodology, and marketing trends (Including Brand Portfolios) required to perform innovative product development assignments in an efficient manner. Oversees a safe and orderly laboratory environment.
- Experienced researcher; independently manages multiple Category (Face/Eye/Lip) projects from inception to Launch to meet launch deadlines under minimal supervision.
- Investigates/resolves research problems/issues.
- May execute more complex projects and/or handle multiple projects simultaneously from different categories.
- Independently creates and refines formulas; Monitor the stability, quality and conformity of formulas
- Identifies raw materials and technologies suitable for product development
- May mentor technical staff on project basis;
- Acts as resource in lab for advice and support
- Demonstrates creativity and resourcefulness in proactively identifying and proposing solutions to issues that may arise during product development or in transfer to manufacturing
- Interfaces with technical support groups including marketing, evaluation team, analytical, micro, Demi-grand and manufacturing.
- May also manage outside vendor relationships (Raw Material) as applicable to projects assigned.
- Reports to Group Leader or Manager
Technical / Professional
- BS in Chemistry or related science, Master's is a Plus.
- Minimum of 5+ years experience in the cosmetics industry, specifically in formulation products with Color Cosmetics and active ingredients.
- Must be able to prioritize, handle multiple projects, and work with various groups within a matrix organization..
- Strong written, verbal, presentational, and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of consumer trends as they relate to Category/Métier
- Authorization to work long-term in the U.S.