Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Sr. Chemist will report to the R&D Lab Manager and will have the capability to develop,
analyze, and optimize monomers and water soluble polymers that meet the specific
characteristics of each related project in coordination with various internal and external
Function: The Sr. Chemist will perform lab scale synthesis projects under the supervision of the
R&D Lab Manager in coordination with production, global R&D, and sales.
Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Conduct laboratory synthesis batches for various monomer and polymer products
- Design and set-up equipment for supporting lab scale syntheses to test different process equipment configurations at lab scale
- Test product performance and trouble shoot scale up issues
- Maintain and/or utilize analytical instruments/techniques (GC, HPLC, FT-IR, AA, etc.).
- Work within internal databases to document and view product information
- Work closely with QA, QC, Sales, Technical and manufacturing
- Participate in root cause analysis of quality assurance issues in manufacturing
- Perform analysis of competitive products in the marketplace
- Understand regulatory/documentation requirements and implement as required
- A minimum of a BS in Chemistry and 5 years of experience in organic synthesis; or a Masters in Organic Chemistry with a minimum of 3 years of experience
- Polymer experience, specifically with flocculants and coagulants, preferredbut not required.
- Experience in dealing with senior level management
- Ability to work independently and exercise independent discretion with only limited supervision
- Adaptability and flexibility to work in a global environment
- Good laboratory housekeeping practices and adherence to safety regulations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office products
- Ability to travel up to 30 % of the time