Senior Chemical Process Engineer
Our client is hiring a Senior Process Engineer. In this role, you will oversee the chemical plant operations for optimized, safe and environmentally compliant operation. The ideal candidate will have experience in batch production to immediately hit the ground running, becoming familiar with products, equipment, plant operations, staff, safety to be assigned new projects for custom batch production from start to finish.
- Monitor existing chemical plant operating units
- Report on Unit operation and make optimization recommendations.
- Troubleshoot problems on assigned units.
- Design and perform unit test runs and gather field data.
- Review chemical programs to assure the chemicals are being used properly and achieving the program's purpose.
- Stay abreast of new technologies, catalysts, and chemicals.
- Work with Maintenance to assure that vessels are adequately cleaned, internals installed correctly, and the catalyst is loaded properly.
- Make orifice calculations, size control valves, pumps and heat exchangers.
- Make hydraulic studies.
- Perform process design work as required
- Serve as Project Sponsor or Project Manager as required.
- Make studies to identify constraints and eliminate bottlenecks in various operating equipment.
- Make use of process simulators, ChemCad, to rate, size and evaluate the performance of chemical processes.
- Perform economic evaluations as needed.
- Act as a Project Manager for new capital projects by providing process design basis and specifications for revamping and new projects as requested
- Support environmental compliance by evaluating data and studies as required.
- Perform various tasks that might be assigned by the Production Manager or Plant Manager.
- Perform various Process Safety Management System duties including leading the preparation and completion of process hazard analyses or PHA
- Abide by all HSE policies and guidelines.
Knowledge, Skills, & Experience
- A BS Degree is required, preferably in Chemical Engineering or similar
- Prior experience with Batch Operations in petrochemicals is required
- Prior experience with adhesives, lubricants, hydrotreating or hydrogenation is a plus
- Minimum Work Experience: requires three to five years chemical operations or related experience in a production environment
- Process Safety Management experience with Management of Change or MOC and Pre Startup Safety Review or PSSR is required
- Experience with Chemcad or Aspen products is a plus