Senior Chemical Process Engineer
This role is located in Virginia. Relocation assistance is available.
The Lead Process Engineer position is responsible for providing technical expertise to ensure the operation produces product that meets all quality, cost, and efficiency requirements. You will need to identify ways to improve safety, quality, yields, and the capability of existing processes while also assisting in the scale up and implementation of developmental products/processes. Core challenges include leading continuous process improvements to meet goals established by the business, along with providing technical guidance to the operations team, assisting with process troubleshooting and developing corrective action plans.
- Lead high impact process improvement projects yielding significant reductions in defects/costs and increased productivity in the operation.
- Be a part of a team developing the next generation in high strength polyethylene fiber and shield armor.
- Develop data-driven solutions, using process controls & monitoring, to achieve an injury-free and high efficiency operation.
YOU MUST HAVE
- Bachelor of Science in Chemical Engineering or Polymer Engineering
- 10 years of chemical, polymer or fiber manufacturing experience
- 10 years experience with scoping capital projects with business level impact
- Certified Six Sigma Black Belt desired
- Experience with Process Simulation software (ASPEN, HTRI) for chemical process equipment design
- Experience with leading RCAs, identifying and implementing process changes/control plans to drive continuous improvement
- Effectively demonstrates ability to deliver on complex situations or problems without guidance or supervision
- Quickly and accurately identifies even subtle interrelationships and patterns among a variety of problems and issues