As Senior Chemical Engineer, you will be part of a team of engineers that will design and build digital twin solutions for Honeywell customers in the refining and petrochemicals industries. You will work with customers to understand their needs and translate these needs into system features and requirements. You will assist the implementation teams as they customize solutions for specific customer applications. You will leverage experience you have gained in the industry to solve customer problems and mentor less experienced engineers. You will continue to seek out new knowledge to further your own skills and find new and creative ways to solve our customers problems.
As Senior Chemical Engineer, you will be responsible to:
- Be part of a team of engineers to create digital twins for on-line monitoring and optimization products for the refining and petrochemical industries.
- Manage product and team backlogs (with technical product owner) to ensure product alignment with customer needs.
- Gather requirements for product development from product manager, customers, and other stakeholders.
- Coordinate the creation of test cases and user acceptance testing
- Work with project execution team to support customer projects
- Ability to travel 10% annually domestically and overseas
YOU MUST HAVE
- Bachelor's Degree in Chemical Engineering
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a technical service, engineering, process operations, or design engineering role within the refining, petrochemical, or gas processing industry is required
- Design or operations experience in refineries with the following technologies: reforming, FCC (or catalytic cracking), hydrocracking, hydrotreating, crude / vacuum distillation, other types of distillation / fractionation
- Experience in process engineering including the use of flowsheeting software to develop heat and material balances and size/rate equipment
- Demonstrated ability to work with a team, with a strong focus on team cohesiveness, delivering results, and identifying alternative solutions when challenges arise
- Ability to influence at varying levels across the organization
- Assertive team player; ability to work in a matrix environment and positively influence at multiple levels without direct authority
- A passion for delighting customers
- Knowledge of agile SCRUM practices preferred