Senior Chemical Compliance Specialist
5 - 7 years experience • Medical Equipment
This position is responsible for working with the department manager to set and implement strategy to meet global product compliance regulations and lead global projects related to US TSCA/Prop 65, EU Biocidals, and EU REACH for diagnostic (IVD), laboratory and research use chemical/reagent products manufactured and distributed by the company. The position is responsible for providing support and guidance on the global chemical compliance of the company's products to the business units. This position will also be responsible for maintaining the current knowledge of the existing global regulations and supporting both external and internal customers.
- Provide technical oversight of chemical compliance on a global basis
- Manage chemical product risk and regulatory compliance issues including: REACH, TSCA, CA Prop 65, International, US Federal and State product regulations
- Establish metrics and KPI’s related to chemical compliance
- Track regulatory updates to remain current with changing regulations
- Generate environmental compliance chemical assessments
- Provide recommendations to ensure compliance with regulations and minimize risk
- Assist with IT Strategy for chemical compliance.
- Establish or assist in writing and reviewing department procedures and SOPs.
- Create otherreports or documents as needed.
- Provide assistance with special projects as related to product environmental regulations.
- BS or advanced degree in Chemistry or other related fields with Chemistry background.
- Five years or more related work experience.
- Strong scientific background in relation to chemical hazard assessment and regulatory compliance.
- Knowledge of Product Environmental Compliance, Product Stewardship or EH&S field.
- Experience in the understanding of a Bill of Materials (BOM) structure.
- Ability to read technical drawings and Safety Data Sheets.
- Knowledge of IVD products, consumables, chemicals and reagents including the manufacturing processes.
- Expertise with database and spreadsheets.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Work independently as well as part of a global team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.