Summary: Change Manager
As the Change Manager for our team you will own the Change Management lifecycle for a very important portfolio of systems within the Federal Government. Your day to day activities will include scheduling, coordinating and managing changes across a portfolio of multiple applications. The changes will be inclusive of application updates, operating system patches, security improvements, hardware upgrades, projects and programs.
The Change Manager will be responsible for the following processes and duties:
- Leads and coordinates system scheduling at a portfolio level. This includes baseline management, version controls, implementation plans, communication plans, software upgrades, and operational change requests.
- Ensures all changes have deployment plans, Go/No Go checklists and deployment coverage.
- Leads configuration management using best practices and standards to assist in ensuring an accurate CMDB across the program as well as coordinating efforts with the portfolio teams and the enterprise.
- Works with teams to prepare and execute a change delivery framework that allows forward planning change windows across the portfolio.
- Manages relationships and coordinates work between different teams to ensure change details and schedules are communicated across the portfolio effectively.
- Manages change risk by resolving issues that affect change scope, schedule and quality
- Researches new change management related technology and methodologies to identify continual improvement opportunities.
- Completes activities such as training needs analysis and determines appropriate training for staff in preparation for technology-based change initiatives and conducts training on new processes where needed.
- 8-10 years of experience in ITIL/ITSM
- 5-7 years of SDLC Release Management experience.
- Excellent time management, task planning and prioritization skills.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate cross-functional work teams toward task completion
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills are a must
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Able to adapt quickly to changing client requirements.
- Able to work effectively with minimal supervision.
- Ability to manage multiple/concurrent releases in development
- Service Management technology experience such as ServiceNow or Remedy
- Familiarity with continuous integration systems like GitLab
- Familiar with work cycle management tools like RTC and ClearQuest
- Familiar with containerization platforms, such as OpenShift
- Familiar with Urban Code Deploy and Urban Code Release
- Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent experience.
- ITIL Certification preferred
- Agile Certification such as SAFe Agilest Preferred