Manages the supply and optimization of energy related utilities valued in excess of $200 MM/year for the North American manufacturing facilities, including power, steam, cogeneration, and industrial gases.
Develops and executes strategic sourcing plans for short and long term utilities supply for the business. Commands good understanding of market environments and negotiates and prepares contracts consistent with Company control guidelines. Directly responsible for developing and maintaining strategic relationships with outside utility and industrial gas providers and customers.
Principle resource and point of contact for utility and industrial gas supply issues with manufacturing sites and business management assigned to support. The Commercial lead for site and business regarding utility and industrial gas management; including capital project development, conservation activities, and performance monitoring. Identifies and prioritizes utility issues within the business supported. Responsible for the management of 3rd party utility supplier reliability for utility and industrial gas contracts at the business sites supported.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Responsible for all commercial aspects of energy supplies for the business sites managed
- Responsible for developing strategic sourcing plans for the negotiation, execution, and ongoing administration of agreements for energy-related commodities and services managed on a regional and national level
- Senior contributor for multi-functional energy team – Deals with situational complexity (supply chain focus, markets, risk allocation, senior level relationship, strategy development, manufacturing issues)
- Manages performance analysis and benchmarking processes for energy-related costs in the business
- Identifies, prioritizes, and communicates key energy issues and opportunities and is a champion for changes to provide the business a competitive cost advantage of the supply of energy commodities
- Provides expertise in the development and deployment of supply and risk management strategies for energy commodities managed and/or major projects for all business sites.
- Primary point of contact to develop and maintain strategic supplier relationships
- Role model and knowledge base resource in energy markets
- Additional duties assigned as required
- BS or BA Undergraduate Degree in engineering required.
- Requires 10+ years of relevant chemical industry experience in the refining, petrochemicals and/or polymers industry; one or more positions responsible for utility, industrial gas, or energy management preferred
- Advanced industry knowledge, with demonstrated experience in contract development and negotiations
- Experience in financial analysis for long-term supply contracts and capital projects, including structured financing
- Experience in a manufacturing environment in technical or business related positions
- MBA preferred
- Experience in a refining, petrochemicals and/or polymers environment is preferred